Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LOL. Aaron Donald will terrorize rookie QBs again

July 10, 2021 10:51AM
Saw this article over at Ramblin fan, and I laughed out loud at the quote about the Bears' chances of starting Justin Fields. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

...Pitting a rookie quarterback to face an Aaron Donald-led defense might be considered a right-of-passage by some. Other might considered a sure-fire way to derail the career of a rookie. While that debate might take place on the back burner, the issue has come to the forefront of NFL talking points as former Chicago Bears head coach Mike Ditka believes that the Bears should start rookie QB Justin Fields on day one. Of course, the Bears open their season by traveling to face the Rams in SoFi Stadium. Those contests always seem to bring out the best in McVay against that defense.

But a funny mention of this topic was proferred by CBSSports.com John Breech in his 2021 NFL Divisional Power Rankings:

“Coach Matt Nagy has been insisting that Andy Dalton will be the team’s Week 1 starter, which actually might be for the best, because the Bears are playing the Rams. If the Bears start Justin Fields in the opener, he might take so many hits from Aaron Donald that it will scar him for life.”

That actually sounds like sage advice. After all, why put up a newcomer against one of the most dominating NFL players of his era? To be honest, I’m certain that Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson had games against the Rams that he hoped he had the chance to watch from the bench.

[ramblinfan.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

LOL. Aaron Donald will terrorize rookie QBs again

HornsUpRamily!381July 10, 2021 10:51AM

IF he plays....

roman18112July 11, 2021 05:49AM