Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SJD is not a good breakout candidate

July 09, 2021 09:03AM
We've seen much of what he can do at this point. Generally a great breakout candidate is a guy languishing on the bench or who hasn't been given a proper chance, since you have room for a huge change in production and revelation about what he can do. We know what SJD is. He's a good run stuffer in particular vs zone because he moves well while holding position, but he's average vs doubles or when teams power him. Gets the job done.

A proper breakout candidate will have risk to him. So while I think SJD can get better he's not really that, to my eye at least. I like him at 5T personally. I think he's built well to match up with OTs and his movement favors him out there. But where he plays will depend on where they want B Brown because he's the long term piece they think will make a difference for them IMO. And it might depend on Robinson too.

Re: Robinson the problem is he dropped weight and is going to be more of a 3T or 5T type. Putting him at NT will not work out too well because he's not gonna do the work, much like we saw with Suh during the regular season. Plus he has that up and down tendency in his history. The guy sounds locked in now. But we'll see and I refuse to put any trust in that dude at this point.

My hope is B Brown shows well as a run stuffer year one. That his power plays and we'll also get effort snap to snap from him as a young player on the ascent.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A Jourdan tidbit…

Rams43507July 09, 2021 06:22AM

Re: A Jourdan tidbit…

AlbaNY_Ram245July 09, 2021 06:36AM

den-the-coach200July 09, 2021 07:47AM

oldmanram160July 09, 2021 08:07AM

6 sacks is too high an expectation from the NT position.

RockRam143July 09, 2021 08:57AM

SJD is not a good breakout candidate

merlin167July 09, 2021 09:03AM