Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jalen Ramsey prefers to train by himself during offseason: 'That's how I lock in'

June 30, 2021 11:14AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Jalen Ramsey prefers to train by himself during offseason: 'That's how I lock in'

Cameron DaSilva
June 30, 2021 5:27 am PT
In his first full season as a member of the Los Angeles Rams, Jalen Ramsey was even better than anticipated. He was a first-team All-Pro, was selected to the Pro Bowl and helped lead the Rams to the No. 1 pass defense in the NFL.

He allowed just 36 completions on 71 targets, giving up only two touchdowns and a measly 4.9 yards per target. Ramsey was a huge part of the team’s top-ranked defense, and will remain a key player on that side of the ball for the next five seasons.

Ramsey didn’t get to where he is by training with other players during the offseason, though, as many other NFL stars do. He prepares for the season on his own – aside from the Rams’ minicamp and training camp, of course – instead of finding someone to train with.

He explained why on Twitter, saying it’s how he locks in.

I don’t workout with any1 in the off-season, I focus in by myself. That’s how I lock in personally. It’s nothing against anyone else, it’s just my thing & what I found I like. If you see me working with anybody, it’s the team, my brother or pops wit RPT to get back to the basics

— Jalen Ramsey (@jalenramsey) June 29, 2021

Ramsey says he has used a yoga teacher, Pilates coach, a doctor for physical therapy and a masseuse, but he doesn’t use an on-field trainer during the offseason.

I have used a yoga teacher, a pilates coach, a doctor ( I use for PT), & a masseuse. Any other “trainer” or “coach” cant say I work with them in the off-season, so don’t let them lie to ya. I’m just showing them love honestly when/if you see me doing work with em. Its love tho
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam324June 30, 2021 11:14AM