Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Listen: Sean McVay has candid conversation with Troy Aikman on 'Flying Coach' podcast

June 26, 2021 09:50AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Listen: Sean McVay has candid conversation with Troy Aikman on 'Flying Coach' podcast

Cameron DaSilva
June 26, 2021 7:30 am PT
Sean McVay took on a new role this offseason as the host of a podcast with Peter Schrager called “Flying Coach.” The podcast has received great reviews from fans as they’ve had NFL coaches and now a Hall of Fame quarterback on as guests.

On the latest episode, former Cowboys quarterback and current FOX Sports broadcaster Troy Aikman joined the show for a candid conversation with McVay and Schrager. Aikman discussed how teams practice nowadays compared to when he was playing, the approach to the offseason for players, his start as a broadcaster and his experience with coaches in production meetings for FOX.

McVay let Aikman do most of the talking, but one line that stood out as being pretty funny was this one: “Going into our fifth year, Troy and I have gotten to develop a good friendship and relationship and I think one of the things that immediately resonated with me is, No. 1, if we’re having games with Troy, it means we’re worth a (expletive). So that’s a good thing. I just know this: If we’re in the A slot, it means things are good for the Rams because it means we’re doing just fine with the schedule makers, people want to see us.”

Listen to the full episode below. It’s well worth your time.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam423June 26, 2021 09:50AM

Great Listen. Troy and Sean at their best.

BC Ramsfan215June 26, 2021 11:36AM

Re: Great Listen. Troy and Sean at their best.

oldmanram289June 26, 2021 02:00PM

Re: Great Listen. Troy and Sean at their best.

BerendsenRam319June 26, 2021 02:34PM