Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some Russell Wilson feedback on the ‘new’ Waldron O courtesy of oldnotdead…

June 11, 2021 01:10PM
Here’s oldnotdead…

I listened to Russell Wilson talk about Waldron's offense. He describes it as being very complex with a lot of elements forcing the defense to defend the whole field. Sound familiar? Waldron is bringing the Ram style offense to the Hawks. Wilson has been training at the sports complex in Carlsbad, CA (a few miles from where I used to live). He said a number of offensive players have made the trip down there to practice and talk about the offense. Everett gives him a legit TE threat.

Brian Schottenheimer is a fraud, living off his father's name. Now Wilson has a legit OC to work with. Wilson lobbied hard for them to sign Waldron. He wanted that Ram style offense. LaFleur took it to GB and Rodgers had a career year with it despite not wanting it at first. Now Seattle will have it as well. I think the Seahawk's offense will be improved under Waldron. But I don't see them winning any shootout with the Rams as their defense is still the team's Achilles heel.

This is what I was talking about regarding Snead and McVay's "tree" spreading through the NFL. Success breeds copycats.

I really feel that this offense with Stafford is going to bring back that 2018 style scoring machine. Teams without good defenses are going to find themselves in a shootout they can't win. Too many of the media make too much over the loss of Brockers, Johnson, and Hill. They simply ignore that their replacements were already on the roster. Johnson's lack of speed limited how he could be played. He looked good because he could shade to the side opposite of Ramsey. Brockers struggled to beat single blocks and Hill lost his job by being outplayed by Williams.

If there is a drop in the rankings of the Ram D its going to be more about Morris not the players. I like Morris and as long as he can keep this unit in the top 5 that will be good enough because this offense could also be a top 5 offense.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some Russell Wilson feedback on the ‘new’ Waldron O courtesy of oldnotdead…

Rams43317June 11, 2021 01:10PM

To just take a offense to another team......

roman18181June 12, 2021 04:04AM