Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Atwell and Harris: I like your sense of humor but on a serious note

Anonymous User
June 09, 2021 02:18PM
Ramsdude

Will Tutu be the next Desean Jackson or the next Tavon Austin? I am not sure about his "toughness". How tough can a guy named Tutu be? lol3

Atwell and Harris: I like your sense of humor but on a serious note.

When the Rams selected both of these players (pass catchers) with 2 of their first 5 picks, (Tutu #57 overall & Harris #141 overall) it was way out in left field from what many of us projected they were likely to do.

Harris was a bit more understandable because he was a 4th round pick but even his selection still seemed out of line with the BPA's left on the board and what the consensus team needs were.

After Tutu was chosen as their first overall pick at #57, several Rams fans and draft gurus wondered what the heck were the Rams doing.

Why did they select a (tiny tot 5'8 & change 155 lb speedy lightweight) when there were a lot of solid players left on draft boards that seemed more worthy to be selected?

Now that these guys have gotten some OTA snaps and are getting solid feedback, the book on their pre-draft rankings are a little bit more forgivable as of early June.

If one or both of these rookies end up being impact players next year or the year after, the Snead-McVay era will continue their trend of "we know more than you armchair fans do."

When the pads are on and the preseason games begin, these two selections are going to be talked about in many threads.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams Atwell and Harris selected to NFLPA Premier Class…

Rams43590June 09, 2021 12:25PM

Re: Rams Atwell and Harris selected to NFLPA Premier Class…

Ramsdude322June 09, 2021 01:36PM

Re: Rams Atwell and Harris selected to NFLPA Premier Class…

Islander Ram177June 09, 2021 02:07PM

Atwell and Harris: I like your sense of humor but on a serious note

Anonymous User216June 09, 2021 02:18PM

Re: Atwell and Harris: I like your sense of humor but on a serious note

RantoulRam143June 09, 2021 02:43PM