Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams Atwell and Harris selected to NFLPA Premier Class…

June 09, 2021 01:36PM
Rams43
Rams' Tutu Atwell and Jacob Harris selected to NFLPA Rookie Premier class

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

The Los Angeles Rams had two players selected to the NFLPA Rookie Premier class this year. Wideout Tutu Atwell and tight end Jacob Harris were named to the 2021 class, which is an honor for both players.

Players are chosen based on their draft position and overall marketability in the NFL. Here’s how the NFLPA describes the selection process, per the official release.

Players are selected as part of the Rookie Premiere class primarily by Panini America based on position, college performance, draft status as well as projected overall demand and marketability. All these factors impact a rookie’s trading card value, even before they have played a down in a game.

Atwell isn’t all that surprising, considering he was a second-round pick and figures to be a dynamic playmaker in the NFL. However, Harris was a fourth-round pick and only has two years of college production under his belt, but he’s a highly athletic playmaker with an elite combination of size and speed.

It’s unclear how much either player will contribute in Year 1, but both could be starters a season or two down the line.

Will Tutu be the next Desean Jackson or the next Tavon Austin? I am not sure about his "toughness". How tough can a guy named Tutu be? lol3

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams Atwell and Harris selected to NFLPA Premier Class…

Rams43590June 09, 2021 12:25PM

Ramsdude321June 09, 2021 01:36PM

Islander Ram177June 09, 2021 02:07PM

Atwell and Harris: I like your sense of humor but on a serious note

Anonymous User216June 09, 2021 02:18PM

Re: Atwell and Harris: I like your sense of humor but on a serious note

RantoulRam142June 09, 2021 02:43PM