Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A'Shawn Robinson On His Offseason Routine, Raheem Morris, Role This Upcoming Season

June 02, 2021 03:31PM
RamBill
Los Angeles Rams DL A'Shawn Robinson talks about the changes he made to his diet and offseason routine that helped him show up to OTAs in great shape, his impressions of new defensive coordinator Raheem Morris, and what former Rams DL Michael Brockers taught him

Robinson is an interesting case. I see a lot of hesitation and doubt about him. I also see the assumption that he will play NT.

I think he's Brockers's replacement at 5-tech. Then some say he's not much of a pass rusher. Traditionally, with a few exceptions, classic 5-tech DE types in a 3/4 defensive set are not pass rushers. Or they rarely are anyway. So if he is the 5-tech, sacks are not a big indication of his play.

In terms of how he will play, he was on Patricia's Lions, and in 2019 (his last year there) that was the league's 31st ranked defense and a team that had turned on its coach. I would not expect great play from any individual in those circumstances, or at least, it would be fairly common for a guy to not perform under those conditions. Your whole defense is giving up around you. Not many guys can go through that and shine.

And--this is the Donald Rams, with Henderson as they DL coach. Henderson is a very well-regarded teacher. And teammates of Aaron Donald know full well that you cannot look yourself in the eye in the mirror if you are not making an effort on AD's DL.

Does all that mean AR will play well? I don't know, though I have a hunch he will. So if context and situation mean anything, we need to see how Robinson turns out before passing judgment, because if he has anything to bring to the table, you can probably safely bet he will be bringing it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2021 03:36PM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A'Shawn Robinson On His Offseason Routine, Raheem Morris, Role This Upcoming Season

RamBill403June 02, 2021 03:21PM

Re: A'Shawn Robinson On His Offseason Routine, Raheem Morris, Role This Upcoming Season

BerendsenRam379June 02, 2021 03:22PM

zn354June 02, 2021 03:31PM

SoCalRAMatic196June 02, 2021 04:56PM