Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: McVay shares funny story of Rams fan heckling him after SB flop...

May 27, 2021 11:40AM
I don't disagree with you. That said, McVay's behavior is not unique and I suspect part of him mentioning it is to acknowledge it was stupid to respond but also to acknowledge that he is human and has feelings and cares.

My posting about Vermeil and Knox are that these are two guys that are considered luminaries and classy folks. Even they had to dial it back under certain circumstances.

I was surprised about Vermeil's comment about his wife. I recalled the heckler story but not that he wanted to deck Carol.

The point being, people are human and will make mistakes. How you respond to the mistakes is also a measure of ones character.

Vermeil is still my favorite Coach too, but McVay is right there with him and has been a tremendous addition.

By the way, I'm not in the "X can do no wrong camp". McVay's made plenty of mistakes.

zn
stlramz
Chuck Knox threaten to beat up a coach on the field. I believe the coach was Norm VanBrocklin

Dick Vermeil (yeah him) had to be restrained from assaulting a heckler at the vet. He also once admitted he almost Decked wife for second-guessing a play call.

[www.google.com]

Interesting addition to the discussion.

It still raises questions though.

Does McV have an excuse because other coaches have done stuff? Plus my point about McV was not the heckling incident per se, it's what it says about his impatient/acting out streak. I really do want that to calm down. I regard it as a maturity thing.

To me, Vermeil is the best Rams head coach. Since I started following them, anyway. And I was critical of Vermeil when I thought it was warranted. To me that's just part of being realistic.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay shares funny story of Rams fan heckling him after SB flop...

Rams43340May 27, 2021 06:19AM

zn217May 27, 2021 08:58AM

Leoram190May 27, 2021 09:06AM

zn157May 27, 2021 09:23AM

stlramz94May 27, 2021 10:08AM

zn144May 27, 2021 10:25AM

stlramz106May 27, 2021 11:40AM

zn91May 27, 2021 11:50AM

moklerman118May 27, 2021 12:26PM

MamaRAMa259May 27, 2021 12:32PM