Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Atlanta is a bad organization

May 24, 2021 01:05PM
BigGame81
merlin
I think they are a good example of an owner who is too nice. I loved going to the Super Bowl in Atlanta and seeing good beer prices, that is directly the owner and he deserves the rep he's got of taking care of the fans. But if I were a Falcons fan I would dislike him.

He stayed with a bad coaching hire way too long. You can't do that in today's league. They should have pulled the plug and started a rebuild but they operate with fear decision making which is never going to get you to a championship in the NFL.

If I'm Arthur Blank what I would do is clear out the front office and hire a hotshot young GM who has a good head on his shoulders. His task would be to clean house and start the rebuild after this season. Matty and the vets would know this is their window to get something done, and if they don't I would put him on the market at the trade deadline in fact.

Either way I can understand where Julio Jones is coming from here. And that's even though I also understand that a true #1 wideout isn't really worth as much to winning a championship as most fans think they are. But he's a guy who can still play at a high level and I would definitely move him to start loading next year's draft if I am them.

He just did that with Fontenot at GM and Smith as the new HC.

And for what it's worth, they would've taken Lance if SF didn't trade up for him.

I really don't like the HC hire. But I might be wrong, maybe he's a lot better than I think he is. We will see.

Fontenot is intriguing I admit. Didn't catch that hire and I admit I haven't been following them and also I don't know much about him. But he is going to need to make up for an owner who is too nice and if that HC is in over his head have a quick hook to make up for the ownership.

Anyway. Falcons are one of those teams I sort of feel sorry for. I like that their owner is a nice guy in many ways. I just feel like that org has really let him down and he's going to need a GM who can bad cop when necessary.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

PFT: Julio Jones on Atlanta: “I’m out of there”

BerendsenRam494May 24, 2021 09:43AM

Atlanta is a bad organization

merlin179May 24, 2021 10:40AM

BigGame81211May 24, 2021 10:55AM

merlin281May 24, 2021 01:05PM

Arthur Blank wants to merge with FedEx

JimYoungblood53154May 24, 2021 02:02PM

Teams who want to improve hire from solid organizations with an outstanding track record

NewMexicoRam145May 24, 2021 03:10PM