Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: There is literally no option that screams SB contender Center

April 14, 2021 04:29PM
Deadpool
Allen - no. Sure, no one has seen him in a little bit, but he is just physically limited.

Shelton - This one makes more sense than Corbet and Anchrum to me. At least he has played OC. Actually first team Pac 10 OC.

Anchrum - Its a stretch to think he goes from OT to OC in the course of a year. There will be growing pains. I do like the idea. Worry about year 1 execution.

Corbett - Cleveland tried him at OC in the preseason, and he failed. He is playing well as a OG, so why mess with what is working.

Draft wise - outside of Dickerson (who may not be ready game 1), Humphrey and Myers. You aren't starting a rookie year one. Unless Meinerz is a fast learner.

So IMO, they might wait to see what shakes out after the draft and sign a vet cheap. Namely Austin Reiter.

I agree and you make a fair point. It's a tough deal. Even if they were to draft Meinerz I doubt he starts at Center for us. I think he starts but at Guard with Corbett at Center if he's the pick.

The thing with Shelton is they've never really talked him up. I don't hate the guy but that lack of buzz concerns me. I think if the guy had been pushing last season during practice we would have heard more about him. And yes this is definitely guesswork I admit.

As unlikely as Anchrum seems (I agree a move to Center would be tough) not only did he get talked up by Kromer as a LT of all things, but Snead I think mentioned him specifically as well. That buzz has been there behind the scenes with him.

Re: starting a rook I think Snead's been putting out some smoke. Because Stafford has been talked up by Ragnow as a savant with protections and line calls, and Ragnow is one of the best in the league. If Stafford can correct and train a guy like Ragnow I think he could handle a rook center. So I would stop short of saying it won't happen. I think it's possible if they get the right guy. Your boy Creed for example has been talked up re: how smart he is. I could see the Rams starting a guy like him even as a rook and chances are a rook would do better than Shelton at least IMO.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is this Rams OC Coleman Shelton’s last chance to earn a starting role?

Rams43669April 14, 2021 02:41PM

This is a Super Bowl contender

merlin254April 14, 2021 03:48PM

Re: This is a Super Bowl contender

Rams43402April 14, 2021 03:53PM

There is literally no option that screams SB contender Center

Deadpool516April 14, 2021 04:02PM

Re: There is literally no option that screams SB contender Center

merlin167April 14, 2021 04:29PM

On Corbett

PHDram187April 14, 2021 05:44PM

good point