Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'll give you 5 for each pick

April 14, 2021 06:37PM
I think 57 might be no mans land for OTs. Cosmi, Radunz gone and too early for the others. So I'll eliminate them. I think its too early for Meinerz, so he is out. I think WR is out with Jackson there and Jefferson into his 2nd year. They are out. I don't think the Rams value ILBer as much as I do. They are out with one exception. That leaves Edge, CB and a moveable chess piece LBer. in the 2nd.

so the 5 names: (no real order)
1. Asante Samuel Jr. - he's an inside/outside CB that excels in man coverage. Has played zone as well. I'm not convinced he lasts that long. But he has to be a target.

2. Aaron Robinson - another inside/outside CB that is better in man than zone, but he competes in all phases of the game. I think I like him more than most.

3. Jabril Cox - I think he could be a real jack of all trades LBer for the Rams. Not only as a ILBer, but coming off the edge, playing the slot, big nickel. his athleticism and sideline to sideline range combined with his ability to cover anybody makes him more than a typical ILB. Also a captain at NDSU and LSU. Rams love their team captains.

4. Joe Tryon - an edge rusher that can play the 5 with his hand in the dirt or OLB standing up. He adds some versatility that could help the Rams add depth to 2 spots with one player. He could be long gone, or he could be there. He'd be really hard to pass up though. Rams had a zoom with him, so there is some interest.

5. Joseph Ossai - another edge rusher OLB. I am warming up to him for the Rams late in the process. He gats after it every play. Red hot motor, a nose for the ball and a team captain to boot. He doesn't have scheme diversity like Tryon, but he could be spooky off the edge with the right coaching.

So 2 edge, a LB and 2 CBs.

At 88 it gets a little complicated because what happens at 57 can affect 88. I do think OT comes into play here. I think edge maybe if not taken in the 2nd. I still think its too early for a WR, I think its early for a DL. I do think ILB comes into play simply due to value

1. Walker Little - OT that makes a lot of sense here depending on where you value him. This is a reach for me, but if anyone knows his draft value its the Rams. I would have zero issues if this is the pick.

2. James Hudson - the 2nd OT in this list, I like him more than Little, both need at least a year of redshirting. He is a little more scheme diverse than Little IMO as well.

3. Pete Werner - an ILB in a 34, he is athletic, can run and cover. Is super physical. And is great against the run. Super under rated and makes this a great value pick. Cam McGrone would be a fallback as well.

4. Quincy Roche - an edge rusher that was a sack machine in college. Rams have shown some interest. I have bigger favorites, but I see the fit for sure.

5. Jaylen Twyman - a DE in a 34, led Pitt in sacks. has a lot of AD similarities, AD has been working with him and the Rams could use some DL help. It almost makes too much sense. This might be a bit early for him.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Who would be ideal top 2 picks for Rams in 2021 draft?

Rams43487April 14, 2021 07:19AM

Re: Who would be ideal top 2 picks for Rams in 2021 draft?

merlin400April 14, 2021 07:23AM

Too knee-jerk for me...

Rams43165April 14, 2021 07:31AM

Re: Too knee-jerk for me...

RamsDynasty159April 14, 2021 07:46AM

nicecatchellard196April 14, 2021 08:04AM

Rams43232April 14, 2021 09:21AM

Keep in mind players get hurt

ferragamo79293April 14, 2021 09:03AM

Re: Keep in mind players get hurt