Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PARAM on Rams OL situation...

April 02, 2021 08:36AM
Here’s PARAM...

Love Whit and everything he's done for us. But even before he was injured last year, he wasn't the same guy. Age is starting to show. Having said that, he's better than a lot of LTs and definitely most, if not all rookies. But if I'm reading OTC correctly.....it looks like they updated it because he's only counting 5 mil towards the 2021 cap.....he's a 13 mil savings and a 1.67 dead money hit next year. If they think Noteboom or someone else on the roster already or a 2021 draft pick will be ready in 2022, then that's a cap savings no matter which way you look at it.

I haven't heard who they "supposedly" like Brewer, Evans, Noteboom, etc. and even if they "supposedly" like any of them, they "supposedly" loved Blythe but let him walk. Personally, not knowing what's inside their heads, I hope it's "let's draft a C and an OT because we've got enough OGs in Corbett, Edwards, Anchrum and Evans (if they consider Evans a guard). We could most definitely use another CB or two, a deep threat WR and hopefully a QB of the future.

On that last one, it's like money in the bank. If Stafford can't play another 4 or 5 years, we're going to need a replacement and why not train him for a couple of years? If Stafford can play another 4 or 5 years, a good QB, who's been learning (and displaying his talents in preseason) can be traded for a higher round pick in 2 or 3 years to a desperate team, especially if the QB class coming in is thin. It would be a bet but it would serve 2 purposes. Cover for Stafford's future and if not, possibly return a nice pick in the future.

How many games did Jimmy G play before he was regarded as a value in trade? I'll answer that question myself......2 starts in 3 years.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

PARAM on Rams OL situation...

Rams43520April 02, 2021 08:36AM

Re: PARAM on Rams OL situation...

Steve230April 03, 2021 03:04AM

LT situation

LMU93201April 03, 2021 07:18AM

Rams43171April 03, 2021 08:00AM

BamRam242April 03, 2021 04:23AM

I think...a few OTs will be taken in this draft. imo