Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oldnotdead on Rams OL possibilities this year...

March 22, 2021 08:44AM
Here’s oldnotdead...

Absolutely feel he (Noteboom) is the LT of the future. They have the option to move him to RT if they want to trade or release Rob. Once Whitworth is done, they can shift sides with him. This would also allow them to play Edwards as swing OT and move Corbett back to LG. It makes no sense to spend cap or draft capital on an LT at this point.

Noteboom has played well at OT. He struggled at OG a position he's never played but expected to start at. Edwards has struggled with consistency at OG much of it due to his length and inability to play consistently with leverage at OG. Run blocking is a bigger requirement for a RT whereas LT's primary responsibility is in pass protection.

I understand McVay's pathological need to run his offense off of an outside zone concept. But last year showed that an inside run game was in reality more versatile. I would be disappointed to see him return to the tired outside zone. Sean should look long and hard at the Niner's inside power run attack, and also at the inside power attack run by the Chargers while they had Tomlinson. They are much harder to stop and IMO make play-action more effective. Both Akers and Henderson have the traits you want in RBs in that type of offense.

Why do I think they could transition to an inside run attack? Because that is what Carberry prefers to run, gap power and inside zone are his staples. When things get rugged on the o-line Carberry defaults to a very straightforward, down and dirty run attack, i.e. make it simple for the o-line to execute.

I like Kevin and hope he lives up to expectations.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead on Rams OL possibilities this year...

Rams43441March 22, 2021 08:44AM

Re: Oldnotdead on Rams OL possibilities this year...

oldschoolramfan261March 22, 2021 09:52AM

Re: Oldnotdead on Rams OL possibilities this year...

montanaram308March 22, 2021 10:23AM

they're in an interesting spot with Noteboom...

LMU93229March 23, 2021 05:15AM

Re: they're in an interesting spot with Noteboom...

zn205March 23, 2021 05:19AM

Re: they're in an interesting spot with Noteboom...

LMU93290March 23, 2021 08:00AM