Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: CB is gonna have to be part of this year's draft plan...

March 18, 2021 01:56PM
Rams43
CB was always gonna be part of this year’s draft plan. The potential loss of DW next year alone made that a necessity, so nothing’s changed.

About our relative position in our division? Well, we’re the only team that’s improved at QB and I think our improvement there is substantial. For that reason alone I think we are the team to beat.

If Carberry can improve the effectiveness of this OL either through personnel (Center) and/or blocking scheme then this is a top 3 Offense.

Our D is shaping up to be top 5, at least, if WOLB can be bolstered either via draft or FA. An upgrade at ILB would be the cherry on top, I think.

All Snead/McVay absolutely, positively has to accomplish in the remaining offseason is upgrade just 2 positions for sure and perhaps 2 more ‘maybe’ positions.

C
WOLB
Maybe ILB
Maybe vertical WR

And he’ll have 6 picks plus around $15M in cap room after a Stafford restructure to do these things. All other moves are for depth or development for next year.

Piece of cake for Snead, don’t you think?

Tough to say that Rams are the only team with improved QB play.
1) Show me, first. I DO think Stafford is a better talent than Goff, but he's learning a whole new system.
2) Ya gotta think AZ is going to be better at QB as the Murray kid gets more and more experience and more and more weapons.
3) A healthy Garapolo is likely better than a broken one, and better than the stand-ins they had last season.
So... Not sure the Rams are the only team to improve at QB.

Making a jump to top 3 on offense would be huge. I'd love it, but not as certain as you are. I don't think the OL is as bad as some have made it out to be, but I do think we have to get bigger/stronger at center. If McVay wants more explosive plays, his QB needs a bit more time to make it happen and those big strong front lines that we play just blow Blythe up. I don't think they get better at C this year. Maybe next year.

The vertical WR is easy. Can do that in 4th or 5th round, every year.

Not sure I agree on the Defense either. Hill was REALLY good this past season. Brockers was a team leader and set the edge so well on his side.

Again, not trying to be a Debbie Downer here. I think we have a really good team in a division where other teams have caught up and may be passing us by. We shall see.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

CB is gonna have to be part of this year's draft plan...

PSJRam389March 18, 2021 01:26PM

Rams43181March 18, 2021 01:46PM

PSJRam276March 18, 2021 01:56PM

question for me at CB

LMU93225March 18, 2021 01:56PM

Re: question for me at CB

PSJRam205March 18, 2021 02:06PM

question for me at CB

LMU93206March 18, 2021 01:57PM