Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So.... a better QB is actually a problem?

March 01, 2021 05:33AM
I don't understand the logic you seem to be putting forth.
It seems to be based on a premise that with a better passing QB a coach is liable to put too much on his shoulders, while with a lesser QB the HC won't. Therefore the better QB will have less success than the lesser QB because of what the HC will scheme as an offense.

So I guess I have to disagree. Very few HCs anymore want to go with passing 50 times a game UNLESS the D they are playing against simply can't stop the pass. And most often if we see a QB passing that much, it's because they are behind on the scoreboard and trying to catch up.

Look. McVay wants a strong running game. Always has. He fully understands that it is nearly impossible to win in the NFL if you don't have a balanced attack. And that is especially so in the playoffs.

So this worry that Stafford as the better QB i somehow more liable to fail because McVay is going to having Stafford passing his brains out I think is far fetched. He just wants the passing part of the game to improve, to be more reliable, and more deep balls (with accuracy) thrown. Better decision making. Better ball placement. Fewer turnovers.

I'd bet we'll not see Stafford throwing any more attempts per game than Goff did.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

PhillyRam on McVay’s best usage of Stafford...

Rams43759February 28, 2021 07:12AM

Re: PhillyRam on McVay’s best usage of Stafford...

BearlyThere352February 28, 2021 08:02AM

Re: PhillyRam on McVay’s best usage of Stafford...

chico n da rams165February 28, 2021 03:04PM

Re: PhillyRam is exactly right on!

Steve157March 01, 2021 03:23AM

So.... a better QB is actually a problem?

RockRam125March 01, 2021 05:33AM