Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Player cuts may be more in number, and the $ consequences severe

February 20, 2021 06:44AM
A very nice post, Rock, and I largely agree with your take.

I,too, expect a glut of more affordable FA vets this offseason and as a ‘destination team’, the Rams might benefit more than some others.

If true, Snead might have an easier job plugging holes predraft than we had previously thought. This, in turn, makes predicting early draft position picks even more tricky here in late February.

My list of probable positions on Day 2 is larger than yours and stacked a bit differently. But, as you say, once FA moves are made the picture will clear up more and more quickly.

Here’s my current list of likely Day 2 picks and in no particular order.

LOT
C (very possibly already addressed in FA)
WR (a slight possibility that they’ve already signed an inexpensive FA)
Edge (2 currently needed although I do think at least one will be already a FA signing)
ILB
CB

Some combo of 3 of these will likely occur by end of Day 2. Maybe a 4th will occur if Snead trades down out of 57 to gain another 3rd plus another mid-round pick.

With Kromer’s departure I suspect that there might be more emphasis on OL as a result of a shift in blocking philosophy that might have occurred. So, two new OL players early would not stun me unless OL had already been somewhat addressed in FA.

If I had to pick 2 positions that might be relegated to the back burner early on it would probably be WR and ILB. But here again, it all depends on FA signings.

Just one man’s opinions, of course, and on February 20th, at that. This is just for funsies and other opinions will certainly vary.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Player cuts may be more in number, and the $ consequences severe

RockRam582February 20, 2021 03:28AM

oldmanram239February 20, 2021 04:28AM

Rams43193February 20, 2021 06:44AM

The_Zone184February 20, 2021 09:55AM