Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This is where I am coming from

February 05, 2021 09:10PM
First of all Jared Goff was a good Ram QB but something happen along the way. In Goff's first year with McVay the one thing that stood out to me was his calmness in the pocket, he looked like a taller version of Joe Montana. Goff was also a very accurate passer, that was one of his greatest strengths. My only real gripe in his first year with McVay was that he would lock onto his primary and on third down he would lock onto Kupp. But these are all growing pains of a rookie QB. To me when Goff started to lose it was when Gurley got injured, and we traded away his deep threats so not only did he lose Gurley he lost Sammy Watkins and Brandon Cooks. Goff's reads where not as easy. It basically shrunk the field.

McVay went to a different style of offense which incorporated the tight ends and focused a lot more on misdirection. In order for misdirection to work you have to look off your primary, this is not Goff's strength. Jared has gone down hill fast, McVay designs these plays and wants Goff to expand upon them. He wantsJared to take control of the game, he does not want to play a live version of Madden Football. No other QB would tolerate that. Most Qb's are fine with the first 20 plays scripted and then they work with the coach, not only does McVay call every play he has to make to pre snap reads for Goff. To me after being in the NFL for five years you should be telling the coach these are the plays that are going to work not visa versa. The fact that Goff want nothing to do with taking charge of the game, and the fact that his accuracy has gone down hill tells me he does not study film. He has no anticipation or timing with his receivers because he does not study film. Goff is not stupid and he is very accurate, the fact that he looks terrible in games tells me he does not put the time in. I am sure he gets there at 8 and leaves at 5, if he was making 15 mill a year and we get get another deep threat and great running back he would be fine.In Detroit they are going to count on him with a simple offense, trying to establish the running game and let him be a game manager. I feel he is going to get killed and when you pressure Goff and he does not have McVay or that defense it will get ugly,
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Schrager on Dan Patrick Show on trade

Rampage2K-885February 05, 2021 12:04PM

It really says it all.....

Ram49295February 05, 2021 12:12PM

Re: It really says it all.....

Rampage2K-231February 05, 2021 12:26PM

Another thing that is for sure

headslapper151February 05, 2021 04:50PM

We're going to be envious of the Lions?!! The Lions!

promomasterj218February 05, 2021 12:53PM

The Rams stuff starts at 9:50, fwiw...

Rams43246February 05, 2021 02:04PM

I think the deep ball returns next year....

SunTzu_vs_Camus177February 05, 2021 02:30PM

Re: I think the deep ball returns next year....

Rams43168February 05, 2021 02:32PM

I feel like a alien to me this trade is so one sided, I keep expecting Detroit to fail Goff's physical

Stafford9218February 05, 2021 05:03PM

I would like you to stop saying that...

Atlantic Ram160February 05, 2021 05:43PM

Detroit has a good handle on Goff I am sure

merlin134February 05, 2021 05:56PM

Re: I feel like a alien to me this trade is so one sided, I keep expecting Detroit to fail Goff's physical

Rampage2K-126February 05, 2021 07:37PM

Goff will do more than fine

waterfield128February 05, 2021 07:53PM

This is where I am coming from

Stafford9147February 05, 2021 09:10PM