Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: QB competition?

January 16, 2021 09:18PM
RamsDynasty
Was the mere threat of Wolford the reason behind Goff's improved play? Some have speculated that Goff needs competition someone to push him to maximize his talent. I didn't want to believe this was required to make our franchise QB focus BUT after Wolford's start Goff had zero turnovers in the next two games (the only 2 no turnover games all season.) While not perfect a non turnover Goff would probably mean 2-4 more wins next season.
At least the idea of competition has initially made Goff focus, it seems to have completely wrecked Carson Wentz.
I don't disagree with your point but Goff's and Wentz's situation are hardly equitable. It's a whole different animal to have you HC draft your replacement in the first round. An undersized, unknown, nobody out of nowhere getting paid the league minimum isn't really competition for a guy who has a $65M safety net from getting cut.

If McVay and Snead draft a guy in the first round, then we'll see how Goff responds. I give him plenty of credit for gutting out the hand injury but his job wasn't in any real jeopardy.

And what does it mean if he did take it as motivation? Wouldn't that suggest that he wasn't motivated before that? Why did it take Wolford coming in for Goff to clean up his turnovers? That doesn't seem like such a good thing, does it?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

QB competition?

RamsDynasty503January 16, 2021 08:38PM

Re: QB competition? I think injury forces focus

BumRap331January 16, 2021 09:13PM

moklerman203January 16, 2021 09:18PM

RamsDynasty209January 17, 2021 03:11AM

Speed_Kills154January 17, 2021 07:09AM