Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The only way Goff comes out is injury or aggravation of his thumb

January 16, 2021 05:53AM
Bortels is the emergency back up and nothing more. He's not there to play if Goff is stinking it up. He's there because he can play QB, even if not very well. He's also disposable. The Rams are currently trying to develop Goff, Wolford and Perkins...period. So if Bortels has to go in and it's a disaster, it doesn't dribble down to the QB room. So Goff is it for the better or worse.

And BTW, while it's not news that his stinker of a bad year has actually carried over from last year, we mustn't forget that the same guy was a Pro-Bowl player for 2 years and had great stats.

Exactly what has happened to change that, I don't know. Maybe it's having different QB coaches every year. Maybe it's thinking too much and trying to alter his delivery, blah, blah, blah. I think it's mostly in his head. His talent and competitiveness didn't disappear.

I have a granddaughter in High School who is a D1 College talent volleyball player. Sometimes she gets all stressed out because she is trying to do everything perfectly and the way the current coach wants it..... from technique to positioning. And when that happens, she doesn't play her best. Too much thinking brings on too much hesitation from too much indecision. Yes, technique matters. But different coaches demand different things. This is why the best QBs usually also have the most coaching continuity.

I think Goff's head might be swimming with too much thinking, too much conflict of technique, and too little just playing the game with instinct. Like I told my granddaughter: after the hundreds of matches you've played, your body knows what to do...... so relax and let it loose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2021 05:57AM by RockRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

If Goff does bad on First quarter, Who's in on the second?

MOBSQUAD99483January 15, 2021 07:09PM

Re: If Goff does bad on First quarter, Who's in on the second?

zn307January 15, 2021 07:18PM

Can't see any way Goff comes out after 1... no matter what.

JamesJM185January 15, 2021 07:19PM

Re: Can't see any way Goff comes out after 1... no matter what.

BerendsenRam246January 15, 2021 11:14PM

JoeMad181January 16, 2021 01:07AM

CarolinaRam175January 16, 2021 05:03AM

JamesJM124January 16, 2021 05:09AM

The only way Goff comes out is injury or aggravation of his thumb

RockRam127January 16, 2021 05:53AM

IF McVay plays his cards RIGHT, I bet it won't be a problem.

Ramgator164January 16, 2021 06:00AM