Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: My reasoning...

January 15, 2021 01:22PM
BumRap
Yes it is in his head some.
Look the offense has been restyled to less feature those same things and McVay swears they are still there but we know they are not and we know we do not have that guy who can take the top off the defense.

Playaction is important in this offense and we once had the type of running execution to allow it to be successful and despite the fact that we have overall been a good running team we have not been as effective running straight up. We have to continue to do motions and stuff and when we try those other types of runs we have not been as successful. Or is the operative word consistent.

Most Goff detractors have also decried our play calling and that is hard to miss as well.

Our pass blocking and run blocking has not been consistent and basically since Havenstein's poor showing and injury last year there has been only a marginal uptick.

Goff has been struggling to see the game as in synch with the game plan vs the defensive scheme. He tries to please when he needs to lead. He throws an INT deep he then adjusts by throwing shallower and in some ways is probably stiffing McVay.

I believe McVay loves Goff but needs him to believe and take his knowlege to the next level which he has not. He has grown and lost ground at the same time. Its time not to be a robot but a gobot. He has to come in with the fire and fight to excite himself and ignite his teamates and the rest will follow. Last week was a needed start and this week could be something special or the moment when we realize this is the NOT FOR LONG league and very few can conquer that.

All great points by everyone! My biggest concern is the accuracy and touch on plays deeper than 15 yards. I understand that receivers are not open as they use to be, but back in 2018, in big games with Vikings, Chiefs, and Green Bay, he had great accuracy and touch in tight coverage. That is the part that is missing. I wonder if QB coach leaving after 2018 could make that big of difference.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff vs. Packers 2018

Ramsfan1971260January 15, 2021 12:15PM

Same D-Coordinator I think

BigGame81107January 15, 2021 12:19PM

Re: Goff vs. Packers 2018

stlrams13113January 15, 2021 12:21PM

Re: Goff vs. Packers 2018

zn93January 15, 2021 12:49PM

My reasoning...

BumRap101January 15, 2021 01:07PM

Re: My reasoning...