Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm gonna beat it to death AGAIN..... My trip to Los Angeles last year.

January 14, 2021 05:14AM
As a fan since 1976, I cannot say enough how much seeing the Rams win in the old Coliseum met to me. What an exciting weekend with both of my boys! SO glad they got to experience a special trip with me. Simply standing in the Pacific for the first time was really cool! Cool??? HA! That ocean is COLD! LOL

ANYWAY..... I will NEVER forget walking down the long tunnel to the inside of the stadium. We walked ALL over the press box side of the stadium. I wanted to stand at the farthest seat in the upper corner next to the pilars (MAN! That's a long way from the field! But what a view!) After walking around, we went back to our seats (Three rows above the tunnel) It was then, with still about 25 minutes to kickoff, I walked to the edge of the tunnel and simply looked back. I thought of my earliest memory of the Coliseum on TV. The 1977 win over the Raiders and OF COURSE.......THE MUD BOWL!!!! I thought back to seeing the Rams beat the Steelers on SNF in 1978. I looked down at the far FG and recalled Hollywood Henderson ripping my heart out . Being on that side of the stadium, I was close to where Cromwell scored with the fake FG vs Minny. Being right at the tunnel, I thought of ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the players that have gone through there. Other big games like the Dolphins finishing undefeated. I remember watching all of the Countries come from the tunnel while watching the 1984 Olympics, just before my Senior year of High School. TONS of memories!!! And what better way to top the day than with a win over the Saints, who had spent the prior off season whining my last nerve away!!! I got chills when Matthews clobbered Bridgewater and the stadium with THOUSANDS of fellow Rammers went nuts!

The new stadium is nice n fancy. But it will NEVER have a place in my heart like the old Coliseum. SOOOOO glad I got to see her!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Dec 9, 1967... pardon my nostalgia here...

JamesJM471January 13, 2021 04:09PM

Re: Dec 9, 1967... pardon my nostalgia here...

fearsomefoursome212January 13, 2021 04:28PM

I'm with you on that game

21Dog165January 13, 2021 05:16PM

Re: Dec 9, 1967... pardon my nostalgia here...

BerendsenRam127January 13, 2021 07:53PM

LOL...I don't remember that date, but I bet I know....

roman18251January 14, 2021 04:47AM

I'll never forget that date

waterfield200January 14, 2021 07:33AM

I'm gonna beat it to death AGAIN..... My trip to Los Angeles last year.

Ramgator142January 14, 2021 05:14AM

the game that followed was just as big

L.A.Rams244January 14, 2021 05:22AM