Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Maybe Rams are setting up the Seahawks

December 22, 2020 12:10AM
Personally, I was concerned about the mental state of the Rams if they won out the rest of the season after the 9'ers loss. The team just loses focus after big wins. They just do.

It reminds me of the Phil Jackson Lakers. Phil would sit silently and watch the team go through stretches in a game ignoring the plan Jackson put in place. He purposely allowed them to feel failure in spite of their superior talent.

I'm not saying McVay pulled a Phil Jackson against the Jets. I don't believe it's in his makeup. I believe he felt helpless watching the OLine get dismantled. I believe he said to himself,"WTF" as the defense blew coverages. His body language was strangely contemplative as he hugged his call sheet.

No, I don't believe Sean intentionally threw the game. But I do believe the result could be exactly what the Rams needed. Sean MUST protect the OLine (as he did most of the year). A weak pass defense DOES NOT mean you abandon the run in your initial gameplan. The defense has to account for the motion man. Staley has to continue mixing up the defensive calls between man and zone. The punt team has to adjust to an overloaded side. The offense has to adjust to the sudden focus of holding calls (that was actually the best officiated game we saw all year).

Sean McVay didn't throw the game. But he did need this one to launch the team into the real season that begins in Seattle.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Maybe Rams are setting up the Seahawks

RamsAl48331December 21, 2020 02:34PM

Well, its always nice to think..

sstrams207December 21, 2020 03:00PM

Re: Well, its always nice to think..

RamsAl48141December 21, 2020 03:46PM

Classicalwit174December 21, 2020 03:41PM

Leoram145December 22, 2020 12:10AM

Well let's just hope he's not going to set up the cards.....

roman18108December 22, 2020 08:04AM