Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NFL Take Dump: Rams might be the only team that can stop the Chiefs...

December 15, 2020 07:42AM
Leoram
Finally, some smart analysis from a media outlet. Now, that was worth reading. But let's apply this to the Saints and Packers.

The Saints were just exposed by the Eagles. It wouldn't be fair to focus on an outlier game so I won't. But what I will do is look at how the Rams actually match up. With Ramsey, their only credible receiving threat, Michael Thomas, the Rams can limit him well. They have the kind of DLine that can limit Kamara before he gets loose. However, their defense is what should scare us. McVay has to protect the OLine from getting burned by penetration. The nightmares of the Niners and Dolphins could happen again. This will be a true chess match. We can only hope the plan continues to grow so the run game doesn't get shut down or abandoned.

The Packers are an opposite problem. Their defense doesn't scare me but the Rams penchant for inconsistency on offense could really cost us here. We've devolved to a long drive team that has to put several plays together in a row without penalties or mistakes to score touchdowns. The Packers offense is a problem. While Ramsey can limit Adams, their passing game is more multiple and Rodgers won't miss deep as frequently as others who have bailed us out this year. We've been very fortunate so far but the Pack are no joke and their running game reminds me of the Niners when they have a healthy squad. The Rams will have to bring their A game for sure.

Gonna be interesting to see how Rams deal with these playoff teams both Offensively and Defensively.

My simplified take on Rams D is that they are sufficiently talented and versatile enough to take away either the run or the pass, running QB or strict pocket passer, superstar WR or TE. As such, it matters little exactly which team they face in the playoffs.

On O our newfound 12 sets bode extremely well, especially if we must face the Packers in Green Bay in January. If the various players run block anywhere close to that effort against the Pats and Akers remains healthy? Well, let’s just say that they will be handful. In the process they would keep either Brees or Rodgers on the sideline right where we want them.

I am further encouraged by Goff’s improved handling of the blitz and his recent success with his hard count. Opponents loading the box against this Ram O are getting burned. In short, this Ram O seems to be coming along. I think it’s certainly playoff worthy.

Hopefully, McVay can continue to tweak and polish in these final 3 regular season games.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NFL Take Dump: Rams might be the only team that can stop the Chiefs...

Rams43512December 14, 2020 03:33PM

BerendsenRam175December 14, 2020 07:38PM

Rampage2K-180December 14, 2020 08:32PM

BerendsenRam132December 14, 2020 10:40PM

oldschoolramfan129December 15, 2020 05:11AM

Leoram149December 15, 2020 04:30AM

Rams43193December 15, 2020 07:42AM

it's probably just me, but.......

21Dog155December 15, 2020 05:39AM

LOL.....^^^ this ^^^

DaJudge147December 15, 2020 07:43AM

Guess I'm 12, too

Drew2839152December 15, 2020 07:52AM