Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: he has never been better than that

December 04, 2020 08:21AM
Speed_Kills
its not even close

all of those are first read throws and they are wide open .... but he nailed them

the throw to Kupp on the move into the endzone I am sure if the exact same play he hit on the run against Tampa of their final drive in that game

the pass to Cooks was crazy... he hasn't throw that since lol crazy

the late TD to Woods on the money

it was after this game that I thought he was on his way and he was the talk of the NFL after that

man it seems like such a long time ago

McVay had Minnesota completely off balance ...they had no way to stop the Rams that night. Anthony Barr the Vikings LB constantly found himself on Kupp, Woods or Gurley. He got beat for 3 of Goff's 5 TDs. Including the 70 yards to Kupp

Tell me McVay is not a master at scheming people open... its a thing of beauty
He Speed, don't want to start another Goff thread but since this one is about the KC game, I wonder what you think of my current theory. Goff didn't start his true QB clock until after this KC game? I mean, most QB's go through growing pains when they get to the league and it is often suggested that the light goes on(for those who actually have it happen) around year 3.

Well, Goff has played in 36 total games since the KC game which amounts to about 2 1/4 years. As bad as Goff has looked and the things he's struggled with that he really shouldn't be struggling with(regression?), it suggests the possibility to me that he is actually going through what most QB's have to go through. That he is thinking instead of playing. That the game hasn't slowed down for him.

He got to play so much time in perfect storm scenarios where his pre-snap and first read throws were not only there, but wide open, that it actually retarded his growth. I assumed that the post '18 offseason, full '19 regular season and post '19 offseason coupled with the all of his previous starts would be enough time to compensate and accelerate the "normal" 3 year learning curve. But what if it wasn't? If Goff didn't actually benefit from that time and actually was hurt by it when it comes to fundamentals?

I know most people can't deal with anything negative about Goff so I'm sure some of this can be viewed as attacking Goff but IMO, it gives us all hope since he is getting closer to that 3 year mark with each passing game. There is still a chance that he's been going through a learning curve and he comes out the other side as a much better QB.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cosell: Goff is who he is...

max638December 03, 2020 12:11PM

Re: Cosell: Goff is who he is...

stlrams13195December 03, 2020 12:21PM

Coward or Cowherd?

21Dog301December 03, 2020 01:16PM

Re: Cosell: Goff is who he is...

BerendsenRam160December 03, 2020 01:19PM

Got bored and started watching this game

BigGame81222December 03, 2020 03:52PM

Re: Got bored and started watching this game