Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why aren't we focused on the disappearance of the run game?

November 30, 2020 05:02AM
The Rams have been one of the most efficient run game offenses in the league until it disappeared starting with the Bucs. Yes, brethren, I hear you about Goff and he was terrible against the 9'ers. But my contention is that Goff is merely a complement to the running game and we all agree that making him the focal point of the offense is an insane option.

Save ONE drive where Akers busted loose ON A POWER play with two double teams, the offense couldn't effectively run the rock. SOME TEAMS can't handle our zone blocking scheme. The question is, what do we do when we face defenses like the Bucs and Niners who can? We better figure that out quickly because we will have the face the Patriots who can. What's more, if we face the Saints in the postseason, they will snuff that out in a heartbeat.

The problem is that our running game MUST become more multiple. Kromer did it in Buffalo and can do it again. What's more, HE MUST because as the board must now agree, Goff passing more is complete folly. He's only good if passing windows open because the defense has to respect the run.

This is how Shanny beats McVay every time. Even though his father raised him on the ZBS, he pivots to traps and powers on a regular basis.

It baffles me that I see all the focus on Goff when the officials and the lack of effective running are the two most obvious issues that hold this team back. Goff isn't Dan freaking Marino and expecting that of him is insane.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why aren't we focused on the disappearance of the run game?

Leoram132November 30, 2020 05:02AM

I almost get the impression..

sstrams64November 30, 2020 05:07AM

Re: Why aren't we focused on the disappearance of the run game?

303059November 30, 2020 05:20AM

My total guess would be..

sstrams125November 30, 2020 05:24AM

Leoram54November 30, 2020 05:43AM

Classicalwit97November 30, 2020 01:22PM