Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Are we being too harsh on the team?

November 29, 2020 04:13PM
JamesJM
I'm not very keen this evening to rant on Goff. I actually feel sorry for the guy. And I certainly don't think he's trash... but...

For me the problems I believe I've seen from Goff since the very beginning seem to me to manifest themselves EVEN IN his good games, his best games. Obviously they can be overlooked during good games but I think it's more a case of being disguised.... still present but not obvious. And he doesn't seem to be progressing in that regard... perhaps regressing.

In the end, he's our QB... like it or not. I know for a fact we could be in worse shape at QB, a lot worse. Maybe, just maybe, there is some way for a really good coach to discover, stumble on, some type of 'fix' that turn it all around.... that's what I'm hoping for, I have no choice. - JamesJM
I agree and I think each week it becomes more and more clear that McVay has done a masterful job of masking the shortcomings in the passing game. Some hypothesized that it was McVay, his schemes and communication techniques before the playclock were all adding up to how successful the passing game was in '17 & '18. I believed that to be the case and gave him credit for using those tricks until Goff got up to speed.

Between playing in an air-raid offense in college and possibly being confused and put in a bad situation his rookie year, I thought '19 was the year that Goff had to become more of a QB and rely less on the various crutches. His output was far less efficient and less productive but I was willing to sacrifice those things last year if it meant growth and progress for Goff beginning this year.

I have not seen that to be the case though. Goff seems to still be making all the same mistakes and still seems not to handle the things that NFL QB's must handle. Can't say that I have much optimism for him moving forward.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Are we being too harsh on the team?

RamsAl48331November 29, 2020 03:58PM

JamesJM103November 29, 2020 04:06PM

moklerman137November 29, 2020 04:13PM

Would Fitzpatrick have won this game?

max73November 29, 2020 04:18PM

Harsh on the TEAM? Yes! But Goff and McVay?? NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramgator73November 29, 2020 04:17PM

No.......,,,,nm

Arkansas Ram64November 29, 2020 04:17PM