Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jared Goff 1,442 days later at Miami

Anonymous User
November 07, 2020 07:38AM

I watched the Dolphins game a few times and witnessed Goff's lethargic reaction speed on various crucial down and distance plays in the first half. In the third quarter, he missed on a couple more opportunities that might have changed the momentum of this game.

(his quick twitch awareness can quickly go from great to terrible depending on the flow of the game & it perplexes many of us)

At Miami, I seen a potential interception with little pressure get dropped by the defender.

(it's crazy how Goff seems to have luck on his side with dropped interceptions. I know all qb's get lucky dropped int's but his stand out to me)

I watched him repeat his fumble-mania blunders that have sometimes followed him from his college playing days with the California Golden Bears.

(he can go several games without fumbles or bad interceptions & then just implode in back to back games)

I seen Jared get rattled under pressure by the Dolphins and I get why the naysayers imply that he doesn't have the "special awareness instincts" that separate the decent to good quarterbacks from the great ones.

(pressure mistakes happen to all qb's but being in the NFL for 4 1/2 years, a seasoned qb should be making fewer detrimental decisions)

Even with all of his mistake prone flaws, I witnessed Goff get up off of the canvas at Miami and get the Rams back in position to have a chance to win the game late in the 4th quarter. He did the same thing in Buffalo even though the refs gave the bills some home cooking.

(down 28-17 at miami with 3:43 seconds left in the 4th qtr and 3 timeouts remaining, everett dropped a must have momentum changing opportunity that would've put the rams on the dolphins 15 yard-line.

I know goff was a huge part of the reason they never should've needed a heroic comeback but he was failed a chance to redeem himself after everett dropped the ball and the surge of momentum was lost.

Goff has come full circle since his first ever NFL start.
A loss to the Dolphins in his rookie "debut" on 11/20/2016 ( 14 - 10 ) and brutal loss 1,442 days later.
( 28 - 17 ) on 11/01/2020.

The NFL is always about one game at a time. For myself, Jared Goff's next 4 games (vs SEA, at TBAY, vs SF, at AZ) will be the dichotomy of his 2020 season and possibly the blueprint of his remaining career.

(Jared Goff to me is a real life version of Rocky Balboa. The only difference is, we don't know how his story ends because the NFL is not a Hollywood movie we can script and make the ending anyway that we prefer)

"In Goff We Trust"

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jared Goff 1,442 days later at Miami

Anonymous User412November 07, 2020 07:38AM

Re: Jared Goff 1,442 days later at Miami

BerendsenRam108November 07, 2020 12:15PM

Re: Jared Goff 1,442 days later at Miami

Anonymous User94November 08, 2020 02:41AM