Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: OK......Say the Rams cut Goff TONIGHT! Who do we go after NOW???

November 02, 2020 05:32PM
Rampage2K-
Ramsdude
Ramgator
OR..... What would it take to get a draft pick high enough to land one in April??

You won't get many good suggestions Gator. I have asked this several times. There is nobody "better" than Goff available. Everyone will be a "question mark" or "has potential" type guy or even worse we could gamble on a draft pick! LOL How did that work out for us for the last 18 years before Goff?!?!?!

Marotta? Darnold? What give anyone the idea either of those 2 are "better" than Goff? They would HAVE TO BE BETTER than Goff or there would be no reason to do it, correct? That will narrow down the list a bit.

So many people who want Goff gone seem to forget how bad it can be with a BAD QB. I am not ready to throw out Goff to be able to "gamble" some years away until we get lucky enough to find another QB who is even average. For 18 YEARS we couldn't even find an "average" QB. What is any different now?

Is McVay the difference now? Is it a sure thing McVay can transform ANY QB into a better QB than Goff? Because that is what you would be betting on. If McVay still calls for empty backfield plays against a Zero Blitz, it won't matter who the QB is. If McVay continues to be pass happy when he should be running...it won't matter who the QB is.

Goff is good enough to get us to a SB. He did it before. He can do it again. He will need to get better and so will McVay. They will need to do it together. Average QB's don't "grow on trees" let alone "good" ones. Be careful what you (not you Gator) wish for...because you just might get it.

Exactly.....

People are quick to forget he is the reason we were even in the Super Bowl in 2018 when he carried this team when Gurley went MIA in the NFC Championship game....obviously people are gonna point tomthe no call, but we wouldn't even have been in that position without the way Goff handled that dome on that day

These same people will once again be back on the bandwagon when he once again takes this team to another Super Bowl

He has the second most wins as a starting QB since his first full year as a starter in 2017, yet somehow gets zero credit for that...only when we lose do they want to give him blame for it.confused smiley

Like Collin said the other day ...people who criticize Goff have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to how hard it is to find a QB in this league.

Guy has a horrible game in Miami and all the sudden people talking about bringing in Darnold and Mariota and drafting his replacement

Don't forget who sealed that game John Johnson and also the most Important player that day Greg the leg kicked the stuffing out that pigskin in the championship game. Goff did his thing and made some plays also but turtle shelled in the Superbowl.

We are all piling on Goff because he shows us that he is something special and then lays eggs more than just the Miami game. Try all last year was a disappointment except for the couple of games against Arizona and Bengals big surprise two of the worst teams last year. He hasn't had a KC game in two years now and we think he may turn the corner and he still is making rookie mistakes and regressing. Your telling me that Marcus Mariota couldn't come in and give the same up and down performance as Goff for 9 mil a year? We're paying what 33 mil a year for JG. We could actually pay other players and think he might be a better fit with mcvay type of system. I'm half kidding with all this because we can't do anything with Goffs contract but I think you can see my points on this.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OK......Say the Rams cut Goff TONIGHT! Who do we go after NOW???

Ramgator524November 02, 2020 01:56PM

moklerman157November 02, 2020 02:00PM

Rampage2K-161November 02, 2020 02:01PM

I'm just asking?

Ramgator134November 02, 2020 02:19PM

Re: I'm just asking?

nicecatchellard129November 02, 2020 02:25PM

Re: I'm just asking?

moklerman120November 02, 2020 03:16PM

Yes... errrr maybe....

JamesJM172November 02, 2020 08:41PM

Since the season is obviously over, shouldn't we look to trade Donald for a bevy of picks?

DaJudge300November 02, 2020 02:03PM

trade Donald for a bevy of picks and Sam Darnold....

Rampage2K-129November 02, 2020 02:06PM

Re: Since the season is obviously over, shouldn't we look to trade Donald for a bevy of picks?

moklerman128November 02, 2020 02:09PM

Ramsdude117November 02, 2020 04:19PM

Rampage2K-187November 02, 2020 04:33PM

zn118November 02, 2020 04:45PM

Ekern55201November 02, 2020 05:03PM

We seem to forget

Ram_Ruler150November 02, 2020 05:04PM

Re: We seem to forget

Rampage2K-103November 02, 2020 05:21PM

nicecatchellard96November 02, 2020 05:32PM

We just have to hope he gets better

Ram_Ruler102November 02, 2020 05:01PM

Say Rams move to Dallas what team

BumRap104November 02, 2020 08:06PM