Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Have they even found that ball yet???

November 02, 2020 09:48AM
Rampage2K-
I still have no idea where that thing wentconfused smiley

WTF was that!???

C'mon now, don't blame the kicker! Maybe, just maybe, the ball was too warm due to the heat. IMO, Forbath should have slapped the ball boy!

Link

8. Nick Lowery Complains That the Footballs Are Too Cold and Slaps Ball Boy

Many fans will be critical of quarterbacks and wide receivers who complain about taking big hits. It's easy to do when you're not the one taking the hits. However, there can be no sympathy at all for a kicker who complains the footballs were too cold to kick.

Yet that's just what then-New York Jets kicker Nick Lowery did during a late 1995 AFC East clash with the New England Patriots. Lowery complained that nobody at Foxboro stadium was making an effort to keep the football warm in 26-degree weather.

The scarcely believable situation then escalated until Lowery felt the need to slap Patriots ball boy David Foscaldo. Despite an illustrious career, Lowery will always find it hard to escape the memory of this particular farce.

Link

Kicker Nick Lowery admitted after today's game that he slapped a 20-year-old Patriots ball boy after becoming angered over the fact that the Jets were kicking footballs that had not been properly rubbed up to combat the cold.

In a statement the Patriots issued after the game, the team quoted the ball boy, David Foscaldo, of Foxboro, as saying that Lowery "struck him with an open hand in the face" during the third quarter after he told Lowery he would not provide the rubbed-up footballs for him because it wasn't his job. Ball boys at times will rub up footballs as a courtesy to kickers in cold weather. Lowery missed his only field goal of the game -- a 33-yarder in the first quarter.

Initially, Lowery would not comment on the slapping accusation but conceded that he and Foscaldo had argued. He also noted that Foscaldo had been profane and disrespectful. "I've never been spoken to like that in my 20 years of football," Lowery said.

The incident happened early in the third quarter. Patriots linebacker Steve DeOssie witnessed it and confronted Lowery at the end of the game. "I went over and told him if you want to hit someone, hit me," DeOssie said.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well at least the new kicker looked good

ferragamo79417November 02, 2020 06:19AM

Re: Well at least the new kicker looked good

LMU93271November 02, 2020 06:35AM

Have they even found that ball yet???

Rampage2K-173November 02, 2020 09:13AM

Yeah, it landed into the pit of despair (nm)

BigGame81125November 02, 2020 09:37AM

Ramsdude247November 02, 2020 09:48AM

I just hope no cardboard cutouts were hurt (nm)

BigGame81124November 02, 2020 10:23AM

Re: I just hope no cardboard cutouts were hurt (nm)

BerendsenRam132November 02, 2020 10:34AM

Classicalwit102November 02, 2020 11:49AM

BerendsenRam84November 02, 2020 12:30PM

CarolinaRam171November 02, 2020 12:01PM

BerendsenRam111November 02, 2020 12:31PM