Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fools Gold or Real?

October 20, 2020 03:29PM
I cannot help but wonder what we have this year.

I am an optimist by nature, so believe we have real gold here, but then I look and see we have only beat NFC East teams, any other team outside that powerhouse of a division and we lost.

I look at the Buffalo game and see a great comeback that was thwarted by a bad call.

I look at the Niner game and see some weird mishaps from reliable guys like Kupp.

I see the second half where the D held them to 3 points, and think about the weird momentum shift with the lack of tackle in the beginning of the game.

I also wonder if the reason for the change in D is because of adjustments and better play, or is it simply because when the opposing team is so far ahead they run the ball more and focus on killing time instead of short passes focusing on killing our LBs.

Are we the team that came back against Buffalo or the team that let Buffalo come back and win? Are we the team that made adjustments and locked down the Niners or the team that was so easy to move the ball downfield on?

It seems to me our QB is the personality of this team. Goff can be amazing and amazingly frustrating. He can thread the needle and overthrow a ghost.

Are the bright spots luck and the mishaps unlucky or the other way around?

I choose to believe this team is real gold with some growing pains and bad luck, but until we beat a team that isn't in the NFC East I won't be settled.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fools Gold or Real?

headslapper464October 20, 2020 03:29PM

Re: Fools Gold or Real?

Rampage2K-262October 20, 2020 03:51PM

Not fool's gold, not real gold, call it silver

Coy Bacon178October 20, 2020 03:59PM

We are what our record says we are: 4-2

BeachBoy151October 22, 2020 01:07AM

and we should be happy about it

LMU93126October 22, 2020 03:57AM