Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Nfl films breakdown of Rams

September 20, 2020 03:46AM
Things that made me sit up and take note:

The play at the 1:27 mark shows Everett running a deep route. Both #27 (RCB ) and #25 (S) go deep with him, helping to set up the pass to Woods in the flat. And on the play that starts at 5:22, Kupp runs a 20 yard pattern into the endzone, again taking #27 (RCB ) and #25 (S) into the endzone with him, helping to set up another pass in the flat to Woods. These plays got my attention because both Everett and Kupp ran a 4.62 40 at the combine and they both manage to drag a couple defenders deep. And while it's true that if they had 4.42 speed they would have been a yard farther downfield than they were, they both seemed to be effective even at their relatively slow speeds.

At 4:38 the reviewer points out that on the play fake Goff doesn't get the ball anywhere near the RB's stomach. The reviewer says this is intentional so the defense knows it's a pass, expecting the defense to bite hard on the rollout to the right ... which opens up the screen to the left. Some have suggested that Goff isn't good at play fakes. On tape this one doesn't look good, but assuming it is intentional it seems really effective. (Perhaps others were already aware of this technique but it was new to me.)

AlbaNY_Ram

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2020 03:49AM by AlbaNY_Ram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nfl films breakdown of Rams

Ohiorams533September 19, 2020 05:42PM

Re: that was good

Speed_Kills223September 19, 2020 06:01PM

Agreed, great video that breaks down McVays' offense

Rams Junkie164September 19, 2020 06:15PM

Re: Nfl films breakdown of Rams

AlbaNY_Ram173September 20, 2020 03:46AM