Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: it was really confusing

September 17, 2020 11:16AM
Rams Junkie
The article in the link above mentioned a cardiovascular condition. [theramswire.usatoday.com]

It sounds like the Rams are trying to protect his privacy. I am in no way suggesting this is the condition Robinson has at this time this is purely an example. There could be many sceanoris and many health conditions. This is not my field. It helps me try and understand the situtaion. I had a relative who had a hole in their heart. Apparently this is not uncommon. It can be corrected with a procedure. So If that type of condition was discovered during the pandemic one would be at high risk. Then opting out would be wise. However, if you could have the procedure to close the hole then maybe you would be medically advised that you are at the same risk of everyone else in your health/age group. In that case then maybe you decide to play. Again I have no reason to believe that this is health condition Robinson has at this time. I thought ZN posted earlier that maybe the situation is that Robinson has some cardiovascular condition that can be treated and resolved then he can play. I am not trying to wildly speculate. I am just trying understand what logically could be happening. We have a MD in the herd. Maybe he weighs in. But it seems understandable that one might get medical advice not to play in the NFL for 6 weeks after a cardiovascular procedure. It has all been vague and probably intentionally so. From reading articles and posts from others that some type of scenario like that makes sense to me.

I definitely could understand this.

However, I guess I'm kinda hung up on the timing.

If a theorized heart condition was found upon his training camp medical evaluation, then I get it...he's placed on the shelf, gets treatment, and then gets re-evaluated in six weeks. As many athletes in a variety of different sports have encountered similar issues, I don't necessarily believe this has anything to do with Covid (as opposed to trying to take care of a medical issue).

But this article from SI makes no mention of any theorized heart condition. Instead, it speculates that Covid might have been a concern of Robinson's prior to camp starting:

Here’s the background: ex-Lions defensive lineman A’Shawn Robinson signed with the Rams back in March, doing a two-year deal worth a total of $17 million. And some four months later, he’d come to the conclusion he’d be opting out of the first year of that deal. But deep down, while he knew what he had to do, he didn’t want to give up on the 2020 campaign.

This is where I become confused.

What had he been pondering...playing during a pandemic? That's understandable. But the pandemic will still be in effect in mid-November when he's eligible to return to practice. In fact, many health experts have indicated that the country will see an increase in infections during the Fall. What did he expect to change on this front from the time his agent reportedly engaged in contract tweaking to mid-November? I hope that he didn't entertain the notion that a safe and effective vaccine would be available to him by that time.

If you follow the Covid theory of this, it appears as though he worked the Rams for an extra $150K.

Maybe the SI article is baseless?

Like you said...confusing.

Like others, I think that he could definitely bolster our rush defense.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Still confused about Ashawn R. Is he done for the season?

RockRam532September 17, 2020 05:41AM

Re: Still confused about Ashawn R. Is he done for the season?

AlbaNY_Ram485September 17, 2020 05:45AM

it was really confusing

ferragamo79247September 17, 2020 09:31AM

Rams Junkie325September 17, 2020 10:21AM

AlbaNY_Ram220September 17, 2020 10:46AM

I took it this way

zn243September 17, 2020 10:59AM

That sounds right

RockRam202September 17, 2020 11:01AM