Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Just what I've been saying: the NFL is now about politics

August 28, 2020 11:15AM
RockRam
Robert Woods admits it straightaway.
There is so much politics mixed in with the NFL now (most sports, now, I suppose) that's it has become nearly impossible to separate them. But the various leagues have been setting themselves up for this for a long time by pandering to various politicians and certain political agendas (Goodell is the king of this).

I don't know if anyone heard, but Bruce Arians said something that, of course, didn't meet with being politically correct (at least on the proper side), so he's getting shouted down. What he said was that "protests aren't worth a crap. Protests and action aren't the same things." Yep. Paraphrasing a little more of what I heard he said, it was that getting signs and marching around and all the symbolism is nothing but that..... symbolism. Symbolism doesn't effect change. The change will come from good, positive, involvement. Heroic action. Personally showing the high road and the better way to the knuckleheads. Not burning down the stores of innocent people or defacing buildings or roughing up, even killing, people who don't agree with you. Spend your time doing something more than shouting and marching and maybe something good can emerge.

I'm an anti-kneeler for this reason. This is cheap showmanship on someone else's dime. Not one of those players thinks they'll pay a price for stepping forward. There is NO risk. You use somebody else's platform for your personal statement (that way you don't have to actually do something or spend any of your own time or money). You intrude on people (fans) who pay good money for an escape to watch football entertainment and then they hijack it by kneeling or refusing to honor the flag or some other fruitless gesture (at no cost to themselves) because they have a bone to pick about something.

Quit it.

(LOL!) Something tells me you've got a lot to get off your chest.

Go ahead...get it allll out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TRANSCRIPTS: Rams QB Jared Goff - Media Availability - August 27 2020 QB Jared Goff

Shaky425August 28, 2020 12:14AM

TRANSCRIPTS: Rams Head Coach Sean McVay, WR Robert Woods - Media Availability - August 27 2020 Head Coach Sean McVay

Shaky353August 28, 2020 12:16AM

Just what I've been saying: the NFL is now about politics

RockRam227August 28, 2020 11:00AM

Re: Just what I've been saying: the NFL is now about politics

ramBRO178August 28, 2020 11:15AM

True dat! I just want sports as sports, politics as politics

RockRam237August 29, 2020 04:21AM

Re: Here's my 2 cents......"Stay in your lane."

oldschoolramfan206August 29, 2020 07:20AM