Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff: Rams rookie WR Van Jefferson 'picking things up fast'

August 19, 2020 06:07AM

Kevin Patra
Around the NFL Writer

When the Los Angeles Rams traded Brandin Cooks to Houston, it opened an opportunity in the receiver corps for a young player to potentially step in right away.

The Rams then made Florida product Van Jefferson a second-round pick in the 2020 draft. Quarterback Jared Goff compared Jefferson to receiver Cooper Kupp, who showed out as a rookie.

"Van has been really good, man," Goff said, per the team's official transcript. "He's been really good. I say that cautiously because you never want these young guys to get too far ahead of themselves (laughs). But he's been really impressive and done a good job. It reminds me a lot of when Cooper was a rookie, and he was just so far ahead of where a rookie kind of should be. He's done a great job. He's really picking things up fast. He's obviously extremely athletic, but I think his ability to be able to pick up the offense mentally and understand the little intricacies of it has been really impressive, and I'm excited to play with him."

NFL Network's Steve Wyche reported that Jefferson has been a "darling of training camp" thus far.

Full Article-
[www.nfl.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill377August 19, 2020 06:07AM

Re: Goff: Rams rookie WR Van Jefferson 'picking things up fast'

Rams43168August 19, 2020 06:43AM

ramBRO165August 19, 2020 07:38AM

AlbaNY_Ram197August 19, 2020 07:52AM