Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BonifayRam has some interesting thoughts on this topic...

July 20, 2020 04:30PM
Here’s BonifayRam...

The DL ...better Okay IMO its far much better with the veteran leadership of Brockers & Donald alone is a foundational super fortress alone then when you add the massive run stopping presence of Robinson to the other two...well I think it should be one of the better 34 DL's in the NFL.

When you add in that both of last seasons first year NT's Sebastian Joseph-Day & Greg Gaines now have a full season on their resume provides the front center DL a nice looking trio with Robinson. Rams also signed back 4 yr veteran DE Morgan Fox who can play both 5 tech & 3 tech posts as the top reserve. DE Marquise Copeland will enter his 2nd TC & preseason too. Snead signed up some a quad cadre of rookie DL'ers too. Mike Hoecht, Jonah Williams, Eric Banks & Sam Renner to push Fox & Copeland.

I also have a much better opinion of the OLB'er unit. Not sure why ESPN would delete Natrez Patrick & Jachai Polite from the ER conversation discussion as well as rookie Greg Reaves. I find it hard to understand their thinking that Ebukam- Floyd- Okoronkwo- Lawler- Terrell Lewis- Patrick- Polite would not match up to what was there in 2019?????

On the ILB unit rating I have voiced my happiness with this unit back on June 24th,2020& also believe it will be better.

I would have rated the safety unit & the corner back unit separately. When there is a good chance that new DC Staley will have as many as 6 DB's for the defensive snaps this season there's enough talent to where they should be discussed separately.

Did we see the 2019 Rams defense line up where Rapp & JJ III were starting @ both safety positions? Don't think so. So this will be a new dynamic for us Ram fans. I think both are far above average safeties. Staley has two last yr rookies returning both have skills. The drafting of Jordan Fuller has caused a highly positive stir in Ramville for long period of time this off season. Besides Fuller Snead sure did not neglect even more infusion of rookie safety talent with JuJu Hughes, Dayan Lake & Tyrique McGhee. I really like this 2020 unit over last years safety cadre. Yes far better IMO.

Last year we began the 2019 season with Peters, Talib & NRC as our veteran starting corners......all three are gone this season. Jalen Ramsey-Troy Hill- Darious Williams- David Long & Donte Deayon & Adonis Alexander all 6 returning for another Ram season. Snead added two talented special rookie corners, both having the talents & skills to play outside, Nickel & dime corner post. I would again rate the CB unit as better.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Better, worse or the same: A look at the Rams' changes on defense

RamBill440July 20, 2020 07:11AM

Re: Better, worse or the same: A look at the Rams' changes on defense

SoCalRAMatic191July 20, 2020 07:59AM

Her assessments lack context, IMO...

Rams43190July 20, 2020 08:08AM

Good breakdown 43

Ram Fan Teacher209July 20, 2020 10:54AM

Re: Good breakdown 43

Rams43249July 20, 2020 11:58AM

SoCalRAMatic203July 20, 2020 03:04PM

Rams43127July 20, 2020 04:20PM

Well at least she's coming out with an article...

roman18158July 20, 2020 11:46AM

BonifayRam has some interesting thoughts on this topic...

Rams43159July 20, 2020 04:30PM