Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An insightful post about Ram coaching relationships by den-the-coach...

May 27, 2020 07:20AM
This is an excerpt from den’s post. Here’s den-the-coach...

Here is the question I would love to ask Brandon Staley, how has it gone working with the other defensive assistants on your staff? Staley has only most likely brought in just one of his guys in Jonathan Cooley, who will be a Quality Control Coach, so I'm anxious to see how he is working with the likes of Defensive Line Coach Eric (Coach Henny) Henderson & Secondary Coaches Aubrey Pleasant & Ejiro Evero. I know that Staley has a great relationship with outside linebacker coach Chris Shula and I wonder how Staley & Joe Barry are getting along considering Barry with more experience, lost out to Staley for Defensive Coordinator. I'm shocked no one has inquired about how he is handling the defensive staff overall.

I think most of us are ecstatic with the additions of O'Connell & Staley. I for one have always been a huge fan of Vic Fangio's defense and felt Fangio was the best DC in the NFL, so hiring one of his Chief Lieutenant's combined with Staley being a University of Dayton Alum, you can't go wrong. O'Connell will not only free up Sean McVay, but also Aaron Kromer, so Kromer can focus more on the Offensive Line.... @OldSchool & I have posted about this, that when Kromer is given more responsibilities, it seems the OL takes a step back, well, now hopefully Kromer can get back doing what he does best, teaching and coaching up the Offensive Linemen.

One other tidbit that both Assistants O'Connell & Staley have spoken about in their virtual interviews is the addition of Strength & Conditioning coach Justin Lovett as one of them referred to Lovett as a "Stud" So that is high praise and I was glad to hear that as I felt before he got into trouble, Ted Rath was very much responsible for the change of Culture in Los Angeles & I'm excited to see what Coach Lovett brings to the table.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

An insightful post about Ram coaching relationships by den-the-coach...

Rams43503May 27, 2020 07:20AM

Re: An insightful post about Ram coaching relationships by den-the-coach...

zn208May 27, 2020 08:43AM

Rams43176May 27, 2020 09:13AM

zn154May 27, 2020 09:20AM

Rams43137May 27, 2020 09:52AM

zn142May 27, 2020 10:52AM

Rams43136May 27, 2020 12:27PM

zn133May 27, 2020 12:53PM

Rams43148May 27, 2020 12:59PM

nope

zn139May 27, 2020 01:10PM

Re: Did he pick the players or play the hand dealt?

hammer154May 27, 2020 01:37PM

Re: Did he pick the players or play the hand dealt?

Rams43143May 27, 2020 01:43PM