Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What the jerseys would have looked like without Demoff

May 14, 2020 01:38PM
Link

Look: This is the best Rams uniform redesign concept yet

Cameron DaSilva
January 22, 2020 8:31 am ET

The Los Angeles Rams will sport a new look in 2020 when they take the field at SoFi Stadium, but fans don’t yet know what colors or uniforms the team will be wearing next season. What we do know is that the brand refresh will come with new jerseys, helmets, colors and a new logo, which has fans both excited and nervous.

The Rams have long been at work on the redesign effort with Nike and the finished product will be revealed sometime this spring or summer. But if the team needs some inspiration on what fans want, this concept redesign is a good place to look.

It uses the primary colors of navy, yellow/gold and white, with the team rocking gold jerseys at home and white on the road. Ramirez notes that no other team in the NFL wears a gold jersey, which will allow the Rams to stand out.

Yes, this is similar to the Rams’ Color Rush uniform, but wearing it with white pants offers a new look that fans would most likely welcome.

On the road, the Rams would wear all white, but they can mix-and-match the white jerseys with yellow or blue pants. This would be a clean look away from home, with pops of color on the shoulders and in the helmet.

As for an alternate uniform, that would be navy and yellow. This pays homage to the 1938 Cleveland Rams, who wore navy and yellow for one season before switching to royal blue. It would be similar to the Rams’ current primary uniforms – which are throwbacks, of course – but with a shade of blue that matches the helmet.

One minor aspect of this concept to note is the facemask. The Rams currently wear navy facemasks, which don’t stand out at all and blend into the helmets. White facemasks would be a subtle change, but one that might make the helmets pop a little bit more. It’d be a polarizing tweak that might not be necessary.

Some fans might feel it’s too similar to the Rams’ current look, but there’s very little wrong with the uniforms they wear now. The biggest issue is the mismatched blues on the jersey and helmet, and the gold trim on the road white uniforms.

This concept fixes those problems, while still honoring the history of the franchise.

The majority of fans on Reddit like the way this concept looks, too, which shows the Rams would be better off with a simpler, more subtle redesign rather than a complete overhaul the way the Buccaneers and Jets changed their uniforms.

For a comprehensive look at the redesign with more photos by Ramirez, be sure to check it out on Behance.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What the jerseys would have looked like without Demoff

Ramsdude936May 14, 2020 01:38PM

Los Angeles Rams Uniform Redesign by Chris Ramirez

Ramsdude287May 14, 2020 01:49PM

Sigh.... oh well..

sstrams207May 14, 2020 02:01PM

We've entered a new age

IowaRam231May 14, 2020 02:31PM

Re: What the jerseys would have looked like without Demoff

jim beam245May 14, 2020 02:55PM

haha....and they still screwed up the white ones!!!! Attachments