Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Ranking the 7 new unis- CBS Sports

May 13, 2020 01:40PM
At least we weren't in 8th place...oh wait. embarrassed smiley

"7. Los Angeles Rams

The Rams' uniform set has sort of been a weird mess for the past number of years. They wore royal and gold at home, then navy and white on the road. Both uniforms are solid in their own right but there wasn't a lot of consistency going on with the set. A change was needed.

However, not all change is automatically good change, and we found that out the hard way.

The Rams lowered the bar of expectations when they unveiled a new logo that was pretty much unanimously panned, and these uniforms might still somehow be even worse than most people expected. The overall design is pretty boring and weak -- it looks like a knockoff, like these would belong to the Unlicensed Los Angeles Rams.

The helmet is fine, honestly -- all of my issues lie within the uniform. The gradient on the home uniform numbers seems so unnecessary and tacky, the "bone" away uniforms don't have enough color to be remotely interesting. The highlighter striping down the side of the away pants is terrible. And don't even get me started on those damn name tags.

Overall, it's honestly impressive that the Rams were able to take a such a classic look and turn it into something so, so terrible. This entire rebrand has been one big disaster."

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ranking the 7 new unis- CBS Sports

Rampage2K-366May 13, 2020 01:34PM

max167May 13, 2020 01:37PM

We've got the Greatest Uniform in ALL of sports !!

RAMbler163May 13, 2020 01:40PM

Ramsdude170May 13, 2020 01:40PM

"...the Unlicensed Los Angeles Rams."

RAMbler158May 13, 2020 01:43PM