Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TRANSCRIPT: Rams OL Tremayne Anchrum – NFL Draft Day 3 Availability – April 25, 2020

April 25, 2020 04:37PM
Rams OL Tremayne Anchrum – NFL Draft Day 3 Availability – April 25, 2020

(On what it’s like to be joining the Rams)
“It feels great. I’m just grateful to be a part of a great organization and I’m ready to get started.”

(On what it was like when he got the phone call)
“Honestly, we didn’t really know where our future kind of lied. I knew I was going to be a day three kind of guy. Getting to those later rounds, we started getting calls about, ‘Hey, we’d love to have you as a free agent.’ I got a couple of head coaches that called me talking about, ‘Hey, we want you now.’ Me and my father were kind of making arrangements for that. But, then (Head) Coach (Sean) McVay called and said, ‘Hey, are you ready to be a Ram?’ At that moment, we all kind of figured I was going to be a free agent, but with the news, we were all really excited.”

(On if he has any connection to Los Angeles considering his dad played basketball in L.A.)
“I guess the closest to Los Angeles I’ve been is standing next to his jersey that’s mounted downstairs in the basement. I have not been there many times, but I have been to California before.”

(On where he has mostly played and is most comfortable playing on the offensive line)
“I have played both tackles and I have practiced both guards. I’m comfortable on the right side of the line, mostly, right tackle, right guard. But again, I am open to playing any spot on the line.”

(On if he sees opportunity with the Rams given what their personnel looks like and their number of offensive linemen)
“Yeah, I do see kind of an opportunity to play. I’d honestly go in and I’m going to check out where who’s been playing where, what they’ve been doing. But in all honesty, I figured...I told coach, ‘Look, hey, I’m open to take any spots.’ I cross-train, I take pride in being a versatile offensive lineman. I’ll come in ready to take any spot that’s available.”

(On what the advantages and disadvantages are to playing on a team as good as Clemson)
"Playing for a high-level team like Clemson is a way, way advantage that you can never really underestimate. When you have a competition level that high where you play with the Clemsons, the Alabamas, the Ohio States of the world, you know what an authentic mindset looks like. You know what a championship effort looks like from a backend, on the front end, what it feels like, and the day-in day-out commitment that it takes to win. Knowing that, playing with a lot of great players, which I don't think there's a negative to, but it really holds you accountable, staying at that level of competition, staying on your A-game every single day, taking that into the next level is going to be invaluable."

(On what it was like preparing for free agency and then the feeling when he got a call that he was being drafted)
"It's a little relief, I guess. It takes the hard part out, which is the decision making. Now the only decision right now is just to go out and play, and dominate."

(On clarifying if he played tackle at Clemson and if he can also play guard)
"Absolutely."

(On when was the last time he played guard)
"I played (guard) in my practices when leading up to the playoff games and the championship games at practice, swapping in just to give people breathers, but also working in my technique at different positions."

--RAMS--
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TRANSCRIPT: Rams RB Cam Akers – NFL Draft Day 2 Availability – April 24, 2020

Shaky622April 25, 2020 11:17AM

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Wide Receiver Van Jefferson – NFL Draft Day 2 Availability – April 24, 2020

Shaky293April 25, 2020 11:18AM

TRANSCRIPT: Rams LB Terrell Lewis – NFL Draft Day 2 Availability – April 24, 2020

Shaky294April 25, 2020 11:19AM

TRANSCRIPT: Rams S Terrell Burgess – NFL Draft Day 2 Availability – April 24, 2020

Shaky275April 25, 2020 11:19AM

TRANSCRIPT: Rams General Manager Les Snead and Head Coach Sean McVay– NFL Draft Day 2 Availability – April 24, 2020

Shaky328April 25, 2020 11:20AM

TRANSCRIPT:Rams TE Brycen Hopkins – NFL Draft Day 3 Availability – April 25, 2020

Shaky282April 25, 2020 11:20AM

TRANSCRIPT: Rams S Jordan Fuller – NFL Draft Day 3 Availability – April 25, 2020

Shaky302April 25, 2020 01:09PM

TRANSCRIPT: Rams LB Clay Johnston – NFL Draft Day 3 Availability – April 25, 2020

Shaky312April 25, 2020 04:37PM

TRANSCRIPT: Rams OL Tremayne Anchrum – NFL Draft Day 3 Availability – April 25, 2020

Shaky265April 25, 2020 04:37PM

TRANSCRIPT: Rams K Samuel Sloman – NFL Draft Day 3 Availability – April 25, 2020

Shaky244April 25, 2020 04:38PM

TRANSCRIPT: Rams General Manager Les Snead and Head Coach Sean McVay – NFL Draft Day 3 Availability – April 25, 2020

Shaky303April 26, 2020 02:03AM

This is a particularly outstanding transcript. A must-read...

Rams43218April 26, 2020 09:37AM

This was especially informative...

max187April 26, 2020 10:03AM