Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Mock Draft Mania - Night 8 - Rams Rebuild Draft - AKA the Rampage2K special

April 20, 2020 05:15PM
So I thought this might be fun, since everyone is stuck at home, to do 10 nights of mock drafts. Something to read, something to kill time. something to think about. But not to take serious. No one would ever do a draft like any of the first 8 for sure. Anyhow, if you guys like, throw out your own, comment, whatever. Its for fun. No wrong answers in these.

Heres the lineup:

Monday 13th - Explosive Playmakers Draft - no offensive lineman, no plodders, no kickers. Just fast, explosive playmakers. Think Al Davis
Tuesday 14th - Power Draft - just the opposite - you want big, strong powerful players, this is your draft. Think the Anti-Al Davis
Wednesday 15th - Offense Only Draft - so nothing on D or STs
Thursday 16th - In the Trenches Draft - O and D line only, maybe a TE (but he has to be a good blocker)
Friday 17th - Defense Only Draft - so no offense or ST
Saturday 18th - Injury Risk Galore Draft - Only guys that currently or have had injuries in college
Sunday 19th - Where Is That Again Draft - Smaller schools only
Monday 20th - Rams are in Rebuild Mode Draft - Yup, Rams decide to blow it up and start all over. Should be interesting.
Tuesday 21st - What Would I Do Draft - This is usually part of my mock 3.0, but I will throw it out here. Its what I would do.
Wednesday 22nd - Deadpool's Mock Draft 3.0 - My final mock of 2020. Plenty of explanation.

No real rules here, I will try and not use the same guys over and over again, but there will be some crossover I'm sure. I won't so trades except in the Rebuild and What I would Do drafts, and some of these guys will be stretches, but within a round of where I think they should go.

With that said:

I ran out of ideas, so I thought what if the Rams decided to go all in on a rebuild after jettisoning Gurley and Cooks. Again, just for fun, I do not recommend doing this nor do I think this has any chance of happening.

So here is the Rams full rebuild mode draft. I broke my no trade rule. The Rams trade #52 and #57 for pick #26.

26. Jordan Love - QB - Utah State - 6'-4" 224 lbs. - I don't get the Mahommes comp., He pressed bigtime this year and struggled. Big time athlete with big arm. His 2018 film was incredible and McVay thinks Goff has plateaued and wants an athletic QB with a big arm to run his offense going forward. He sits behind Goff for a year like Mahommes sat behind Smith for a season.

84. Matt Peart - OT - Connecticut - 6'-7" 318 lbs. - An easy moving OT with decent strength that again, could use a year or 2 learning and adding power, but there is no denying the skills are there. If you are rebuilding, here is your replacement for Whit after 2020.

104. Lynn Bowden - WR - Kentucky - 5'-11" 204 lbs. - a gadget WR that can play RB and QB (wildcat) A real team guy that you will need to game plan to get the ball in his hands as he learns to be a slot WR. Add a WR that is a dynamic playmaker that can do a multitude of things to your steady pass catchers in Woods and Kupp.

126. Darrynton Evans - RB - Appalachian State - 5'-10" 203 lbs. - Lightning in a bottle. His change of direction and lateral jump cuts will have defenders tackling air. HR speed. Narrow frame with little room for growth. Better outside then inside. OZS committee back. Speed to pair with speed in Hendo.

199. Trevis Gipson - Edge - Tulsa - 6'-4" 261 lbs. - an easy mover with decent burst and good flexibility. Can get bullied against the run. Developmental 34 Edge. He needs a year, but since 2020 is a rebuild, might as well take a high upside Edge.

234. Cameron Brown - LB - Penn State - 6'-5" 233 lbs. - Long for a LBer. Also raw. Can cover a ton of ground quickly and goes sideline to sideline. Not great in coverage. Not sure his position fit. 43 OLB or maybe add 15-20 lbs and make him a 34 edge? An athletic LBer that can move around and needs to be developed.

So there you go, offense is totally rebuilt in the image of KC with a McVay twist and I added some athletic pieces to the defense that should contribute more in year 2.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2020 05:16PM by Deadpool.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mock Draft Mania - Night 7 - Small School Only Draft

Deadpool378April 19, 2020 06:05PM

Re: Mock Draft Mania - Night 7 - Small School Only Draft

Ekern55160April 19, 2020 08:07PM

Re: Mock Draft Mania - Night 8 - Rams Rebuild Draft - AKA the Rampage2K special

Deadpool143April 20, 2020 05:15PM