Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mock Draft Mania - Night 7 - Small School Only Draft

April 19, 2020 06:05PM
So I thought this might be fun, since everyone is stuck at home, to do 10 nights of mock drafts. Something to read, something to kill time. something to think about. But not to take serious. No one would ever do a draft like any of the first 8 for sure. Anyhow, if you guys like, throw out your own, comment, whatever. Its for fun. No wrong answers in these.

Heres the lineup:

Monday 13th - Explosive Playmakers Draft - no offensive lineman, no plodders, no kickers. Just fast, explosive playmakers. Think Al Davis [ramsrule.com]
Tuesday 14th - Power Draft - just the opposite - you want big, strong powerful players, this is your draft. Think the Anti-Al Davis [ramsrule.com]
Wednesday 15th - Offense Only Draft - so nothing on D or STs [ramsrule.com]
Thursday 16th - In the Trenches Draft - O and D line only, maybe a TE (but he has to be a good blocker) [ramsrule.com]
Friday 17th - Defense Only Draft - so no offense or ST [ramsrule.com]
Saturday 18th - Injury Risk Galore Draft - Only guys that currently or have had injuries in college
Sunday 19th - Where Is That Again Draft - Smaller schools only
Monday 20th - Rams are in Rebuild Mode Draft - Yup, Rams decide to blow it up and start all over. Should be interesting.
Tuesday 21st - What Would I Do Draft - This is usually part of my mock 3.0, but I will throw it out here. Its what I would do.
Wednesday 22nd - Deadpool's Mock Draft 3.0 - My final mock of 2020. Plenty of explanation.

No real rules here, I will try and not use the same guys over and over again, but there will be some crossover I'm sure. I won't so trades except in the Rebuild and What I would Do drafts, and some of these guys will be stretches, but within a round of where I think they should go.

With that said:

Small School only draft. No power 5 guys allowed.

52.Jeremy Chinn - S - Southern Illinois - 6'-3" 221 lbs. - Simmons-lite in a safety body. he could be a LBer a S or an edge rusher with crazy athleticism. Love his physicality and the fact that he is always around the ball. He could be the MO next to Kiser or a Big Nickel backer.

57. Robert Hunt - IOL - Louisiana-Lafayette - 6'-5" 323 lbs. - 2nd nastiest OG in the draft. He is a punisher. Needs to be a little more patient, but he will finish on all levels. he would be a nasty LG that changes the attitude of the line.

84. Matt Peart - OT - Connecticut - 6'-7" 318 lbs. - An easy moving OT with decent strength that again, could use a year or 2 learning and adding power, but there is no denying the skills are there. UConn isn't a small school, but as far as football goes, they are. And he would be the perfect replacement to Whit.

104. Alex Highsmith - Edge - Charlotte - 6'-4" 248 lbs. - Dynamic athlete off the edge with plenty of range, good flexibility and a great motor. Not the sturdiest run defender. 34 Edge. He is an arrow pointing up prospect that can hunt QBs. Give him a year and he could be the legit pass rusher the Rams are looking for.

126. Darrynton Evans - RB - Appalachian State - 5'-10" 203 lbs. - Lightning in a bottle. His change of direction and lateral jump cuts will have defenders tackling air. HR speed. Narrow frame with little room for growth. Better outside then inside. OZS committee back. He is more like Hendo then most of the RBs in this class giving the Rams speed replaced by speed.

199. Reggie Robinson II - CB - Tulsa - 6'-1" 205 lbs. - Long with decent athletic profile, does his best work in a zone and things are in front of him. Nice production. Modest athlete. He is really fun to watch. Could transition to a single high safety.

234. Isaiah Coulter - WR - Rhode Island - 6'-2" 198 lbs. - Coulter is raw. Raw route runner especially. That can be taught. I do love his size/speed combo. 6'-2" and 4.45. So a late round flyer on a low floor, high ceiling guy makes sense.

Added a nice mix in this one. Added a OT, LG, RB and WR on offense and a S/LB, Edge, and CB on defense.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mock Draft Mania - Night 7 - Small School Only Draft

Deadpool377April 19, 2020 06:05PM

Re: Mock Draft Mania - Night 7 - Small School Only Draft

Ekern55160April 19, 2020 08:07PM

Re: Mock Draft Mania - Night 8 - Rams Rebuild Draft - AKA the Rampage2K special

Deadpool143April 20, 2020 05:15PM