Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wanna have a discussion about Snead/McVay likely draft strategy?

April 06, 2020 12:01PM
First of all, I’m pretty relaxed as of now. It’s certain that a good football player will be sitting there at 52. Or even after a Probable Snead trade(s) down. Lol.

But which position, you say?

Based on reported Ram interest I’d say C or RB are high on their list, but who really knows?

Take it FWIW, but my crystal ball is giving me glimpses of the following:

First 4 picks will be some combo of RB, C, edge, and ILB.

A WR will be picked but who knows where or when? Too good of a WR draft not to take advantage, don’t you think?

A PK will be drafted late. I doubt that even Snead would want to have to sift through UDFA leftovers.

I doubt that more than one OL player is drafted. Might even be none, depending on who might fall at other need positions. Blythe, if nothing else, allows Snead to pounce on BPA and/or juicy tradedown opportunities. Besides, I think that the Rams like their current OL roster more than many fans do.

I’m looking for a helluva battle for starting position between a healthy and hopefully well conditioned Hav and Evans. Competition is always a good thing.

I suspect that Boom will be healthy enough to compete with Whit at LOT by camp but will be Whit’s backup until Whit might need a breather during the season. Wouldn’t be stunned if Boom starts to gradually see more and more game snaps by midseason on to prepare him for ‘21 starter status.

That deep CB roster has allowed much needed cap savings (NRC) and also still allows Snead to focus on other positional Ram needs. CB still looks deep and is a testament to Snead’s eval talent and draft strategy foresight.

I continue to have a real good feeling about this ‘new’ Staley D that we’re gonna see. A ‘new broom’ kinda thing. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a Top 10 D, maybe even better.

I especially am excited to see that AD, Brockers, ARob DL in action together. I suspect that AD is gonna see a few less double/triple teams and we all know that could be a good thing.

I’m expecting a Sean McVay just burning to reclaim that division crown and to once again go deep into the playoffs. His energy and fire will be contagious and result in higher ceilings for his asst coaches AND players.

Hard to say how much the Covid-19 restrictions will negatively impact Ram pre-draft eval accuracy. Then again, it’s the same for all teams so probably not much effect either way.

I’m encouraged by recent news stories of possible downturn of new Coved-19 cases in some areas AND some encouraging news about successes with certain different meds. To the point that I’m cautiously optimistic that we will see a semi-normal camp and a full regular season.

What did I miss?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wanna have a discussion about Snead/McVay likely draft strategy?

Rams43609April 06, 2020 12:01PM

Re: Wanna have a discussion about Snead/McVay likely draft strategy?

nicecatchellard252April 06, 2020 02:07PM

I'll have that discussion

Deadpool336April 06, 2020 02:19PM

Re: I'll have that discussion

Rams43285April 06, 2020 04:38PM

Re: I'll have that discussion

Ekern55390April 06, 2020 06:59PM

I'd prefer a WR to a RB

LMU93313April 07, 2020 03:22AM

Re: I'd prefer a WR to a RB

jim beam247April 07, 2020 06:03AM

dzrams261April 07, 2020 06:47AM

3030222April 07, 2020 10:06AM

Rams desperately need a RB - think last year

ferragamo79241April 07, 2020 07:05AM

3030355April 06, 2020 05:31PM

I can see them trading Cooks on draft day

ferragamo79230April 07, 2020 07:35AM

OzRam210April 07, 2020 10:43AM

Watch the Rams draft a safety in RD2 lol

BlueRidgeHorns259April 07, 2020 11:15AM