Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Several things on our current O situation...

December 30, 2019 04:06PM
And in no particular order.

McVay will see that this OL gets really fixed this offseason, some how some way. Might not be that far off from being fixed already, actually. A pick here, a FA there might do the trick.

Kromer is a helluva OL coach. I don’t see the need for bringing in Callahan since it would be a’ too many cooks spoiling the broth’ situation. I do think Kromer should be relieved of his coordinator duties, though.

McVay needs to hire a legit OC but it should be a Matt LaFleur type. Young, aggressive, ascending candidate. No more old recycled types, please.

Better acquire a starting caliber RB one way or another. Gurley’s never gonna be that MVP type RB again and he might be gone as soon as ‘21. Our O is predicated on a strong running threat and having one is necessary to allow our passing game to be all that it can be. Better prepare now.

Cooks’ contributions will continue to wane, if only because of the fear of concussions. Reynolds must pick up the slack and I see a big emphasis on TE’s next year in both the run and passing game. Might not be too early to draft a promising WR if one is there at some of their picks.

OL will be ground zero this offseason, but like I said above, they might be pretty darn close there already.

Boom. I like his chances to be our LOT and play very well. I think Kromer does, too. Only question is exactly when he’s 100%.
Corbett is a wildcard. Could be our starting LG or our starting C. I think Kromer has liked him since before he was drafted by the Browns.
Blythe might be an inexpensive starting C, but drafting a stud at #52 is also a possibility if they’re not in love with Corbett/Blythe. I’ve lost confidence in Allen.
Edwards sure looks like our starting RG, don’t you think?
Evans at RT might be the guy, although he had a rough game in the finale vs the Cards. Then again, Evans had sure looked good previously and he’s only had a half season in his entire career.

Whit might be willing to sign a 1 year inexpensive contract to stay, but I doubt it. Not sure it would be in Rams overall best interests, anyway. I’d rather use those cap dollars elsewhere. Like FA for OL depth, edge, DL, or LB.

I suppose they could spend a pick on a developmental QB, but I think they’ve already got one in Wolford.

So, that’s my thumbnail sketch on our O situation. Very fixable and a short list to be ready for ‘20, huh?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Goff Claims They Figured it Out... Just Too Late

Ram49960December 30, 2019 02:36PM

Re: Article: Goff Claims They Figured it Out... Just Too Late

Rampage2K-390December 30, 2019 02:45PM

Re: Article: Goff Claims They Figured it Out... Just Too Late

zn280December 30, 2019 03:22PM

Several things on our current O situation...

Rams43276December 30, 2019 04:06PM

I dont see the Rams banking on inexperience again

ferragamo79257December 30, 2019 04:21PM

Re: I dont see the Rams banking on inexperience again

Rams43146October 20, 2020 03:53PM

Unfortunately, the Rams defense didn't figure it out

NewMexicoRam185October 20, 2020 04:42PM

Re: Unfortunately, the Rams defense didn't figure it out

dzrams136October 20, 2020 04:59PM