Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Article: Goff Claims They Figured it Out... Just Too Late

December 30, 2019 03:22PM
Rampage2K-
I also think we lucked into some injuries on the oline as bad as that sounds and finally got some weak links out of there. Havs, Allen and Noteboom were part of one of the worst looking olines we've seen since 2016.

Just too little too late..... The missed kick in Seattle, the letdown in Pittsburgh and Dallas and the 3rd and 16 in SF were killers this year.

Hopefully McVay isn't afraid to run Gurley into the ground if needed next year and plays some of the young oline in preseason to let them get a grove and learns some valuable lessons of 2019.

I think Noteboom has a future at tackle and Kromer went on record as saying that he was improving at guard before the injury.

I'm not all that convinced that Corbett was that much better at guard at the end of the season than NB was at the beginning.

Besides the real problem with the OL at first was that both OTs had fallen way off. They not only got in 2 promising replacements--Evans and Edwards---AW got his game back together in the 2nd half of the season.

Most teams do not have OL depth like that. Where there's 2 promising players ready to go. I think they were building their 2020 OL and injuries forced them to call on those guys earlier than planned. I do know one thing. If an OL loses 2 starters (Saffold and Sullivan) and then on top of it has to replace 3 injured starters, that is usually the kiss of death. Rams played 10 linemen this year and that;s never good. But they pulled it out. The new OL managed to beat only one defense that was strong in pressure percentage (Chicago), but normally a line THAT beat up is lucky to win against anyone.

It's a testimony to the players, to the personnel people, and to the coaches that in the end that OL was even as good as it was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2019 03:24PM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Goff Claims They Figured it Out... Just Too Late

Ram49960December 30, 2019 02:36PM

Rampage2K-390December 30, 2019 02:45PM

zn280December 30, 2019 03:22PM

Several things on our current O situation...

Rams43277December 30, 2019 04:06PM

I dont see the Rams banking on inexperience again

ferragamo79257December 30, 2019 04:21PM

Re: I dont see the Rams banking on inexperience again

Rams43146October 20, 2020 03:53PM

Unfortunately, the Rams defense didn't figure it out

NewMexicoRam185October 20, 2020 04:42PM

Re: Unfortunately, the Rams defense didn't figure it out

dzrams136October 20, 2020 04:59PM