Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I find this thread comical

December 31, 2019 08:28AM
How many times does Gregg Williams get @#$%& on? The Browns could not wait to get rid of him, in fact, they stated players were growing tired of him. Jet fans love him today, will they love him tomorrow? Ram fans were lukewarm on Williams, but now love him? I always felt Williams was the fall guy for Sean Payton on Bountygate and most likely did not get a Head Coaching gig because of that history.

Now Williams defense gave up big plays for the Rams, but I always felt he was an upper echelon DC and Wade is too, but I always preferred the 4-3 to the 3-4 FWIW, although Williams is now running a hybrid in New York.

Why I find this thread comical is Williams is usually not loved, in Cleveland even though 5-3 as interim Head Coach, it was more of Freddie Kitchens and everyone in Cleveland was behind Kitchens until they realized that Williams had set up structure that players like Beckham crave, but nobody wanted to stay on in Cleveland, They made fun of Williams saying he's had several opportunities to be a Head Coach and turned them down, but now they wish they had him back and he is beloved in New York because they can't stand Gase, until after next year they clean house in New York and Williams will be looking for work again.

BTW always felt his son Blake received a bum rap with the Rams too as he was far better than Tim Walton and until Gregg came back the defense struggled under Fisher. Blake was overseeing the Browns defense in Cleveland with his Dad being Interim Head Coach and that Brown defense was far superior to the epic failure of Steve Wilks who might be the most overrated NFL Coach in the game.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2019 08:54AM by den-the-coach.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why Gregg Williams is NOT a fit as Rams DC

RamsFanSince69517December 30, 2019 11:19AM

I live in deep Jets country.

Deadhead Ram291December 30, 2019 11:31AM

My Browns friends loved him, as well..

sstrams230December 30, 2019 12:44PM

Re: My Browns friends loved him, as well..

Ekern55186December 30, 2019 03:41PM

Agree with this a hundred times over

NewMexicoRam195December 30, 2019 04:27PM

NO!

JimYoungblood53196December 30, 2019 07:34PM

Re: What about results?

dzrams183December 30, 2019 09:22PM

I find this thread comical

den-the-coach280December 31, 2019 08:28AM