Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 15 ... 9ers in SF ...

December 23, 2019 12:43PM
So ... where was that team the previous week? I'm literally still considering the fact that we may have thrown that game.

I liked the way we came out. I liked the way we played in the 2nd half on defense.

If it's your year, you make those 3rd and 16s ... it's their year. So be it.

As you all know I'm a lifer concerned with dynasties ... not games or even seasons.

The Great

1) Higbee. Coming into this year I was like "It's time to replace him" ... then we paid him. Then I was thinking ... "Okay let's draft someone who can take meaningful snaps from him that could be better." Now I'm thinking "Okay, we need two TEs on the field most downs ... Cooks is cut or traded. So if there's an injury we need another TE in this draft in the mid rounds and McVay needs to craft a new offense that can run with 2 TE sets and equally pass" ... because having two top tier athletes at TE hasn't happened since Gronk and murder boy were on the Pats. I'm excited about that offense ...

2) Dareus Williams ... Has anyone ever seen a 6th at training camp come in and play at this level? Really happy going into next season with our DBs.

3) The playcalling ... we ran more complex screens than Ive seen before and that changed the nature of their pass rush. Again this is Higbee helping.

4) Holding their run game to minimal gains.

The Good

5) Gaines was not getting pushed around. He's a clogger and I want him to get more reps. Brockers can get turned and so can Joseph Day from what Ive seen.

6) Fowler in double digit sacks will get us a 3rd round comp. That's what I want.

7) Aaron on an off year with double digit sacks.

8) Gurley getting the corner on the TD. He can still beat angles.

9) We were ready to play. Our game plan was solid.

10) Littleton breaking up the Kittle TD ... 4 point play. I'm willing to spend whatever to keep him. Kittle isn't going anywhere and we need an ILB that can cover him.

11) Excellent job by Ramsey drifting off his guy for that INT.

The Bad

12) I don't not expect that level of rookie mistake by Rapp, but I want more leadership rather than reactivity from Ramsey.

13) Reeder as a backup is fine ... but he's a little slow.

14) Weddle has lost the step that he needs to be effective "every play" ... he is still effective on some plays.

15) I wanted more playing time for Okoronkwo ... but I'm guessing we'll get it next week.

The Ugly

16) The pick 6.

17) I can take the blown coverage in the middle of the field ... what I cannot accept is a 3rd and 16 from your own goal line without a massive blitz. Dude is standing in his end zone ... he needs pressure. No excuse for that. Was that an assumption that he'd play for overtime? Great play by Jimmy G but there's no way you let him make that throw without being moved off his spot.

College

This is the time of the year when I grind down to make sure Ive seen every team once in a good game (BC and a few others eluded me this year). So Im ticking boxes of completion more than being engaged in games. Also some games are just bad matchups.

18) I want Leki Fotu at 50. Just saying that now before he jumps into the first round.

19) The sheer wealth of WR and RB talent in this class is kinda stunning.

20) The game I want to see as much as LSU Bama earlier in the year is Ohio State and Clemson.

21) There are smaller school TEs that could slide and be the next Higbee we could snag in the 4th or 5th and groom.

22) OT is deep, and there are many guys playing ORT I'd love to take long looks at.

Thoughts and comments welcome as always

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 15 ... 9ers in SF ...

alyoshamucci509December 23, 2019 12:43PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 15 ... 9ers in SF ...

idaram217December 23, 2019 12:57PM

Re: Great stuff in there

leafnose187December 23, 2019 02:51PM

Lynch is my plan B

alyoshamucci284December 24, 2019 07:16AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 15 ... 9ers in SF ...

dzrams210December 23, 2019 03:08PM

Fotu is a large human being!

RAMpant Defense235December 23, 2019 04:04PM