Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tavon Austin would prove good here...

December 09, 2019 04:49AM
I think he'd have been mean as heck on those end-arounds with his acceleration and speed.

The Rams keep using WRs but IF they ever got a great RAC player or, as you said, an actual RB(Henderson - who can also catch well?) they might break those players open even more.

Henderson would work also but he'd have to be able to run really good short/mid routes...and I think te WRs are just better at that...while not as good as a pure runner. Plus, McVay only runs those Endarounds 5x per game so keeping WRs in helps with the deception. I just think if they have a lightening fast runner/WR who could get the edge those plays may become longer than 7 to 11yds...more like 20+.

That's why Tavon who was a hybrid RB/WR woulda been a nice fit for those endarounds and shorter routes as he had good enough WR abilities to run the short simple routes but the great explosiveness of bing an Ex-RB and nifty at finding holes and blowing thru them. Natson would be a guy that would do well on those End Arounds I would think...but he's IRed.

"L'audace, l'audace. Toujours l'audace!"
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Running Against 6 Man Fronts

Papatrey637December 09, 2019 03:33AM

Tavon Austin would prove good here...

SunTzu_vs_Camus279December 09, 2019 04:49AM

Re: Tavon Austin would prove good here...

Classicalwit226December 09, 2019 07:03AM

I'm a north-south kinda guy....

JamesJM219December 09, 2019 07:28AM

Re: This is a good topic because

Rams_78206December 09, 2019 07:28AM

The magnitude of the ‘new’ Higbee threat can’t be overstated...

Rams43312December 09, 2019 07:44AM