Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forced by my doctor to watch the game w/o elevating my blood pressure

November 26, 2019 10:22AM
Nothing serious, but I had a wisdom tooth pulled on Saturday afternoon and I had a few restrictions. No lifting anything over 10 lbs for 4 days, no carbonated beverages for 10 days, and not to do anything that elevates my blood pressure. I'm no oral surgeon, so I won't argue. I'm sure it comes as a shock to most of you I'm not a doctor. lol Anyhow, I debated even watching the game because its hard to watch a team you are invested in, and not get really excited or angry. I did watch, and remained shockingly calm. And what I saw watching it that way was interesting. It was almost analytical. Here's what I saw. And I am only speaking about last night.

No particular order:

1. The Rams defense allowed 3.3 ypr (1st) and about 89 rushing yards per game (4th) so statistically, the run defense has been good all year. Last night, they missed a ton of tackles. It was a horrible showing. I expected it to be better.

2. If I were any DL other then Darth Donald, I would be embarrassed to cash my game check from last night. They did absolutely nothing. And it was obvious the game plan, so either a smart, veteran DC like Phillips didn't adjust or the players just couldn't execute the adjustments. I'm thinking the latter. I've said it once, I will say it again: Not getting any decent help for AD in his prime is borderline criminal.

3. I was listening to Ben Leiber on the radio the other day and he brought up a good point on zone coverage: After 3 seconds the coverage is blown and at that point if you are in coverage, find the closest receiver to you and get in his pocket. Well, with no pass rush, the zone coverage was blown a lot last night and it lead to guys being wide open while our safeties were covering grass and air. Unacceptable.

4. Weddle looks done. I loved the short term signing at the time, and there wasn't much on the market that moved my needle, but he looks indecisive and slow. Heart can only make up for so much.

5. I don't get what the Rams are doing with Ramsey, but he looks neutered out there. I can see his frustration coming and he might force his way off this sinking ship. I really hope I'm wrong.

6. Fowler is what I said he was 2 months ago, to inconsistent to sign him to any kind of a deal. He was invisible last night.

7. I am absolutely befuddled by the signing of Higbee. He got worked every time he tried to pass block, and I mean he was trucked, deeked, and pushed into the pocket. So he can't pass protect, he isn't a dynamic pass catcher either, so what exactly are the Rams paying him that kind of money?

8. I thought Evans really held his own at RT last night and he didn't need much help. He is also aggressive. He went after people to hit. I thought Edwards also held his own, although he was beat a time or 2 and had some penalties (2?) I like that combo as the future of the Rams right side.

9. i was not impressed with the left side of the line at all. Collapsed constantly. Thanks Whit for the SB run last year and good luck in your retirement. Love the man, don't like his game anymore.

10. Defenses are focusing on taking away Kupp, and it is affecting the offense bigtime.

11. Gurley is just not that dymanic threat that DCs had to gameplan against. Its sad. Or, I should say, it makes me sad. Seriously, I feel bad for him. I cannot imagine watching my dreams being stolen from me because of an arthritic knee.

12. Goff has no touch on his deep ball. he is not seeing the field well and I think he is shell shocked at this point. Even without pressure, he is imagining it. His mechanics are out of whack and his accuracy is gone. He wasn't under pressure last night all night, he had plenty of shots and didn't hit them. Last night was not on the line. The line is responsible for some of Goffs issues. But he is not immune from blame either. At least last night.

13. What made the Rams so difficult to defend the last few years was that there were so many weapons to plan for. The playaction worked because Gurley was a threat from everywhere. Take Gurley away, Cooks was going deep, take Cooks away, Kupp and Woods destroyed you on the short and intermediate levels. And Goff could hit all levels. How do you defend that? Most couldn't. Well now Gurley is a shell, Goff is suffering from some kind of battered QB syndrome and can't hit a deep ball and teams are scheming Kupp away. Last night is what you get.

14. Saddest thing I can say about last night is that they looked like they quit after 14-0. You could just see the body language. This team is not mentally tough.

15. For all intents and purposes, this season is over. They are a pedestrian team at best and too far behind to catch anyone. its going to be an interesting offseason as they try and massage the cap and the lack of draft picks.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Forced by my doctor to watch the game w/o elevating my blood pressure

Deadpool390November 26, 2019 10:22AM

Re: well that was depressing

Speed_Kills248November 26, 2019 10:32AM

I liked the right side of the line too . .

stlramz280November 26, 2019 10:35AM

Ravens scored 6 TD's on their first 6 possessions......let that sink in.

Rampage2K-149November 26, 2019 10:36AM

and Rams offense scored zero TDs

ferragamo7997November 26, 2019 03:21PM

Yeah, that was ugly, but they did a couple of nice things

Deadpool156November 26, 2019 03:57PM

Re: Forced by my doctor to watch the game w/o elevating my blood pressure

3030106November 26, 2019 10:45AM

Deadhead Ram215November 26, 2019 10:56AM

Rams43279November 26, 2019 11:15AM

Re: 2, 10, 13