Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: article is dead wrong about a couple of things

November 14, 2019 02:30AM
zn
I disagree with a lot of that.

First, Gurley. We know why Gurley is on a snap count (knee) so why doesn't the writer? And this idea that you either give him more carries or sit him...hunh? They are using him in productive ways and this is not the only team in the NFL that rotates backs. He is a good contributor to the rotation. So this give him more carries or sit him thing makes no sense.

Second, the OL. Hammond & VB talked about this on their podcast. Both tackles regressed this year. If they had NOT regressed then the OL is overall more solid, and people would not be talking about how the youngsters wrecked everything.

This idea that both Goff and Gurley are underperforming? I actually am very impatient with any analysis that points out the OL is a mess and THEN blames things on the qb. It means you have the real cause right in front of you (OL) yet drew the wrong conclusion. So it quacks, has a bill and feathers, spends time in the water, and waddles on land on webbed feet. Conclusion? It's a gray whale. The RIGHT conclusion? When your OL is that messed up it takes the qb down with it...and that's with very rare exceptions (Brady and Wilson). If you DON'T draw that conclusion, to me...you're just wrong. Like, flat-out. You're not seeing what is right in front of you.

Is McVay an issue? In terms of not adjusting enough and getting stuck in ruts? Probably.

Maybe start someone else and let Gurley rotate in later - this will most likely be a one possession game in the 4th with the way these two offenses stink right now and the defenses are good - so save him for the 4th.

Most guys who are writing about Goff probably don't even see the whole game - just the highlights - and then they run with the story - not surprising.

McVay is definitely an issue but I think he was before it even spun out of control with the injuries. His play calling has just been off this year.

Want to give the offense a better chance? I would go with the two minute offense for as much as the pace allows - no subs for he defense - Rams don't sub much on offense anyway.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Once Super, Rams Sliding into Uncertain Future

MamaRAMa472November 13, 2019 05:45PM

Spot on article, accept the end 'suggestions'

Ram49143November 13, 2019 06:06PM

Why the Bears have a better shot at the playoffs than the Rams

MamaRAMa183November 13, 2019 09:15PM

article is dead wrong about a couple of things

zn178November 13, 2019 09:53PM

Hazlet Hacksaw119November 14, 2019 02:30AM

two minute offense

LMU93122November 14, 2019 04:31AM